Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
As much as I would like to like them, the thing is that the people who said "it's useless" was right for now. What a crap redundant pointless apps they seem to be. They really are the phone's apps in a smaller screen aren't they? This is not like the iPad because being folder sized is useful obviously

The watch isn't out yet, non dev people have not tried apps out yet, initially yes some apps will be similar to their original apps, but as user experience improves, the apps will mature - it will be a fairly quick turn around time and you'll probably be surprised. As most of the devs here will ascribe most of them haven't got the ability to add their apps on yet.

NSeven

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Scotland
I Know everyone is desperate for iFart to be updated to support the Watch, so yes i will update it and submit to the store.

Remote control farts hahahaha

:)

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Oh know I expect the usual suspects to get an Watch to review. But I'd love it if non-tech sites also got review units (if for no other reason than to piss off the tech press). And I'd love it if consumers were able to try out the watch at Apple stores before reviews went live so The Verge and Engadget etc. don't get to drive the narrative and public perception of Watch.

I expect Hodinkee and aBlogtoWatch to get review units as they have been already been allowed access to the pre-production samples. They are watch sites so won't just be focusing on the technology and have both been enthusiastic in their previews.

nando87

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2014
The watch isn't out yet, non dev people have not tried apps out yet, initially yes some apps will be similar to their original apps, but as user experience improves, the apps will mature - it will be a fairly quick turn around time and you'll probably be surprised. As most of the devs here will ascribe most of them haven't got the ability to add their apps on yet.

I hope so

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
I Know everyone is desperate for iFart to be updated to support the Watch, so yes i will update it and submit to the store.

Remote control farts hahahaha

:)

The fart is sent to the iphone which can be hidden under a cushion etc!

NSeven

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Scotland
The fart is sent to the iphone which can be hidden under a cushion etc!

Yes!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA I've already started!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 13.22.19.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 13.22.19.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
I'm a developer and wasn't aware Apple was accepting builds with Watch extensions!?

I haven't received any email yet....

Same here. How are these developers already on the store if Apple isn't accepting submissions? Are these just Apple's chosen few that they've given special access to?

Maybe you guys have been ignoring the emails? Apple sent a couple out. There was one long ago about "Apple watch is coming, go check out the beta xcode." And if you had read some of the developer info about the watch, you'd know that the phone release of 8.2 and the release of XCode with WatchKit at the same time now supports WatchKit apps. Hit the developer site once in a while after Apple sends you an update email...

Have you installed the XCode update?

... As most of the devs here will ascribe most of them haven't got the ability to add their apps on yet.

That's kind of odd. Apple made the WatchKit development tools available (in Beta) several months ago. It's probably just developers who didn't feel like using the prerelease development tools.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I'm a developer and wasn't aware Apple was accepting builds with Watch extensions!?

I haven't received any email yet....

It's a standard par tof iOS 8.2 By way of taking submissions for 8.2 which has been out for a few weeks now they have opened up Apple Watch submissions. That's what this 3+ month beta period has been for.

NSeven

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Scotland
Maybe you guys have been ignoring the emails? Apple sent a couple out. There was one long ago about "Apple watch is coming, go check out the beta xcode." And if you had read some of the developer info about the watch, you'd know that the phone release of 8.2 and the release of XCode with WatchKit at the same time now supports WatchKit apps. Hit the developer site once in a while after Apple sends you an update email...

Have you installed the XCode update?

That's kind of odd. Apple made the WatchKit development tools available (in Beta) several months ago. It's probably just developers who didn't feel like using the prerelease development tools.

No we are not ignoring emails but thanks... you are obviously not a dev.

I just tried to submit a binary just now, and shock its still not letting you submit watch-kit apps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 16.25.19.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 16.25.19.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 73

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Hawaii

I just tried to submit a binary just now, and shock its still not letting you submit watch-kit apps.

Are you guys sure you're not ignoring the emails? :rolleyes: HAHA, what a jerk right?

Anyway yeah I think your previous comment about certain devs having access is correct. Or at least is the only thing that makes sense. Unless they're having some trouble and are now preventing uploads? Haven't heard anything yet though.

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA

Haha, well, no need to get mean. The OP hadn't said they tried to submit an App and failed. It sounded like it should work with the release of recent iOS. I'm surprised you can't submit.

I submitted my app "Here I am" (http://www.arnobost.de/here-i-am/) with Apple Watch app included 5 days ago, and it was approved 2 days later :D

Wow, that's a lot faster than the 8 day average presently reported. Let's hope they are turning them around faster!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.