Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
well i finally some what found out how to install windows on boot camp, after it reboots and i start installing windows 7 it says i need drivers, i down loaded the windows drivers onto a fat 32 flash drive. now i can click on thew flash drive but im lost there on what to do.

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
i give up. all ive succeeded in doing is being able to launch windows, thats it. i followed the boot camp instructions, well i think i did. i thought the usb flash drive was for installing the needed software and drivers need to operate it. but it seems the flash drive isnt recognized once windows is installed. all i get after booting into windows and clicking on install is, no drivers, and the option to browse, when i click on the flash drive it says it needs to be formatted. so i can install the drivers needed to a flash drive, partition the hard drive and install windows 7, but then its goes nuts. i think i need to some how get the drivers onto the boot camp partition, along with windows 7. i thought this was suppose to be fairly easy, well not for me. three weeks now, tried iso to flash drive, nothing, now a cd installer disk, still nothing.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I am not working with windows 7, but there was no issues using using boot camp with windows 8 iso.

Are you able to connect to the internet? you could get the drivers you need online if you can't use a flash drive.

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
im giving virtualbox a try. already installing ubuntu with no problems, im sure windows will install just as easy. boot camp is just to much for me to deal with. cant understand why i cant install windows just as easy as on vmware fusion or virtual box.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
im giving virtualbox a try. already installing ubuntu with no problems, im sure windows will install just as easy. boot camp is just to much for me to deal with. cant understand why i cant install windows just as easy as on vmware fusion or virtual box.

I've got Windows 8.1 in Boot Camp running flawlessly.

I just put the BC drivers into a USB stick and ran the installer. Easy.

Note: Windows 7 wouldn't really work well with a Mac that has USB 3 ports, since Windows 7 does not include generic USB 3 drivers in the OS installation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.