Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Szjaffery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Hi folks i just switched from android to iphone 5.. I am just curious about its battery life.. My old mobile give me almost 10 hours of usage... Is it my battery is good?? Never used iphone before#

App refresh is off
I only use wifi mostly 90%
Location is off

Anyother suggestions??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 72

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Hello. You can also turn off:

* health, motion & fitness (settings ->privacy
* location-based alerts, ads, share my location, frequent locations, everything under "product improvement" (settings->privacy->system servces)
* notification settings for apps you don't use frequently.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Hello. I made a couple of mistakes in my post.

You're right. iPhone 5 doesn't have fitness settings.

But it has "system services" settings. Go to settings->privacy->location services. Scroll all the way down to find "system services." I apologize for mistake.

You can turn off notification settings by navigating to settings ->notification center. Scroll down to see which apps are under "include" section. You can disable notifications for apps you don't use.

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
Hell that's good battery life! I have a replaced iPhone 5 because mine had a defect one that fell under the program and I get around 5-6 hours..

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I use an app called "Battery Doc" which displays the mAh capacity and total lifetime cycles.

I've noticed that the mAh capacity fluctuates with the phone's temperature. On a warm day, or if my phone has been in a jacket pocket awhile, the battery capacity is 1300 mAh. On a very cold day this could drop to 1100 mAh. Typical is 1200 mAh reported capacity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.