Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
I just placed my order for both colors from www.caudabe.com. @JNGold has been raving about Caudabe for awhile on Twitter so I figured I'd take the plunge! After seeing a few pictures & videos on this case, (hopefully) it'll be my new favorite. From a former YouTube case reviewer, I'm very excited to try this case out. I really hope it lives up to the hype! I hope someone from Caudabe reads this because a royal blue and/or a orange version of the case would be awesome! I'll share my thoughts after I have tested it out for week or so.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
I just placed my order for both colors from http://www.caudabe.com. @JNGold has been raving about Caudabe for awhile on Twitter so I figured I'd take the plunge! After seeing a few pictures & videos on this case, (hopefully) it'll be my new favorite. From a former YouTube case reviewer, I'm very excited to try this case out. I really hope it lives up to the hype! I hope someone from Caudabe reads this because a royal blue and/or a orange version of the case would be awesome! I'll share my thoughts after I have tested it out for week or so.

A blue is coming, orange don't think so but you think they would seeing as they are based MILES AWAY FROM THE BENGALS STADIUM!

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Just got on hand my XT. This should be priced at $1. Looks the same materials with the one you can buy in China. It fits perfect. I feel that it is just overpriced.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
A blue is coming, orange don't think so but you think they would seeing as they are based MILES AWAY FROM THE BENGALS STADIUM!

dude, that'd actually be sort of cool if they came up with different colors for all of the nfl teams. Black and orange for the bengals, red/gold for the niners, etc. I'm going to email them now and suggest this. Not sure if it's doable or not though. All the manufacturers seem to just come out with solid colors.

----------

Just got on hand my XT. This should be priced at $1. Looks the same materials with the one you can buy in China. It fits perfect. I feel that it is just overpriced.

oh boy. yeah, good luck with your eBay search in the bargain bin. been there, done that, never going back. you can find some super cheap ones, but nothing approaching the new veils in quality. or the shumuris for that matter. or the spigens (although the spigen doesn't cover the bottom and doesn't have that lip around the camera). there's a reason for the saying, "you get what you pay for"

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Decided to order the veil XT after reading this thread on Friday morning. I have the first shumuri, but it broke while taking it off after a month of use, it was my fault so definitely not a knock on the shumuri product..... Anyway I ordered the XT Friday morning and just got a notification that it already arrived today. I was considering the new shumuri extra but went with caudabe because its in the U.S. and people rave about their customer service, so far glad I did in light of the super fast shipping.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I just received the Shumuri Slim Extra in red and it arrived in 3 business days. It is now shopping from Illinois and the shipping is free. I would've gone with the Veil XT but I'm not a fan of the color choices at the moment.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I just received the Shumuri Slim Extra in red and it arrived in 3 business days. It is now shopping from Illinois and the shipping is free. I would've gone with the Veil XT but I'm not a fan of the color choices at the moment.

Thats good to know for future reference. I always prefer the clear case so color wasn't an issue for me.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013

I would love to see collegiate colors. Or some team logos on these things. Now that would be very cool.

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Just make cases with team colors and don't use the logo. I've been trying to suggest companies do this for years (ever since I started reviewing cases). Speck Candyshell is a very popular case, but has crazy color combos. It makes sense to consumers, but I guess there are downfalls to the company.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Just make cases with team colors and don't use the logo. I've been trying to suggest companies do this for years (ever since I started reviewing cases). Speck Candyshell is a very popular case, but has crazy color combos. It makes sense to consumers, but I guess there are downfalls to the company.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Speck chooses some insanely odd colors. Not really sure what they were thinking. They make great cases. Too bulky for my tastes, but great cases nonetheless.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
MIGHT be getting an orange Veil. i put the word out to my guy. he seemed receptive

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Can anyone show me some clear pictures of the veil xt wisp?
I am not sure if the colour is grey or dark grey or nearly black.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
I received both colors a few days ago. The shipping was true 2-3 days. The Wisp Veil XT was damaged around the headphone jack and have already received a RMA for it. I decided to keep the Clear Veil XT. This is definitely the thinnest case I've ever had. I love using skins on my phone, but they're pretty much a one time use. This serves the same purpose with a little more coverage. The quality is not the greatest and could probably be marked down to $12, but that should be expected for such a thin case. The only gripe I have about the case is the material around the volume buttons is slightly loose. I do like it enough to keep it in my collection though.

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
I've been having a hard time finding the veil xt version knockoff on eBay or aliexpress.. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I received both colors a few days ago. The shipping was true 2-3 days. The Wisp Veil XT was damaged around the headphone jack and have already received a RMA for it. I decided to keep the Clear Veil XT. This is definitely the thinnest case I've ever had. I love using skins on my phone, but they're pretty much a one time use. This serves the same purpose with a little more coverage. The quality is not the greatest and could probably be marked down to $12, but that should be expected for such a thin case. The only gripe I have about the case is the material around the volume buttons is slightly loose. I do like it enough to keep it in my collection though.

Told ya. :)

As far as any problems, I have had more than my share of samples provided and none have had issues. If you have any problems, Caudabe will do their best to make it right.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
I've been having a hard time finding the veil xt version knockoff on eBay or aliexpress.. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Good luck.... They are out there but you are only saving $10 and you have to wait weeks for the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.