Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caesar-is-home

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2015
So its been almost a week since my 3rd and final interview with Apple. I applied for an iTunes advisor position that starts on April 27th.

Overall I thought the interview went OK. It wasn't my best but it wasn't my worst either. I felt that the hiring manager and I built rapport during the interview and I left thinking that I did enough to get the job.

Well like I said its almost been a week since that interview, it was on the 13th. I've seen a million people on here who got their call exactly one week after their 3rd interview , if not longer , so I know I'm still in consideration. I've just been lurking on this thread for about 3 weeks now so I thought I'd finally say something.

Anybody else interview for the iTunes advisor position that starts April 27th?

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Awesome! Same here :) Background has already cleared and just waiting on the call :)

Nice! It's nice to see someone else who is starting the same time I'm slated to .

Also, Hireright asked for my w2s, and contact info for one of the companies I submitted. Odd, because the last time I went through them, it cleared with no problems. Gave them the info though, guessing they were unable to find the company's contact info which is understandable, they're pretty local.

Hoping everything goes well and I'll get a call soon enough. :)

ialena82

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
Nice! It's nice to see someone else who is starting the same time I'm slated to .

Also, Hireright asked for my w2s, and contact info for one of the companies I submitted. Odd, because the last time I went through them, it cleared with no problems. Gave them the info though, guessing they were unable to find the company's contact info which is understandable, they're pretty local.

Hoping everything goes well and I'll get a call soon enough. :)

I got my call today. I'm clear and now waiting on FedEx to deliver my paperwork and such. HireRight has been a 50/50 for me every time I've gone through them. This past time had me laughing strictly because they had no discrepancies to note so they actually noted that one of my previous job titles was wrong by a single digit lol! (The numbers had no relevance on the actual job title which is why I found it humorous) but, they cleared it. Just check back in on their site to check the progress/status of it. From what I could tell, they do their best to speed the checks along. Hoping you get the call soon and glad we're in the same class :)

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
I got my call today. I'm clear and now waiting on FedEx to deliver my paperwork and such. HireRight has been a 50/50 for me every time I've gone through them. This past time had me laughing strictly because they had no discrepancies to note so they actually noted that one of my previous job titles was wrong by a single digit lol! (The numbers had no relevance on the actual job title which is why I found it humorous) but, they cleared it. Just check back in on their site to check the progress/status of it. From what I could tell, they do their best to speed the checks along. Hoping you get the call soon and glad we're in the same class :)

Congrats! I know it's definitely a relief to get the call finally. :D

I'm having issues with them. They also reported that there was a difference in hire dates then then ones I reported. Oy vey. I'll call them tomorrow to clarify. It just makes me nervous.

I know it'll be worth it in the end at least. I knew something would come up lol.

Last edited:

ApplesauceKay

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2015
Hey all! Was wondering if many people have had any luck applying to the Chat and Graveyard Chat positions currently listed? I thought I remembered Chat positions being filled internally though that was a few years ago (briefly worked in iOS awhile back and am now looking to reapply again). Any info?

apeter

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2015
My equipment finally showed up yesterday after being rerouted from PA (I live in VA). I'm so excited to start training next week!

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
My equipment finally showed up yesterday after being rerouted from PA (I live in VA). I'm so excited to start training next week!

Congrats! And congrats to anyone else who is starting tomorrow. I assure you, March 23rd will be a day that you will remember for quiet some time, if not forever!

Good luck trying to sleep tonight!! :)

jralger

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2015
hey ever yone first time poster just have a quick question for everybody I just had my interview for the Apple at home advisor position I had my second interview yesterday on Friday the 19th and the interview or at the time there FaceTime was not working so she called me she asked me a couple of general questions such as your I want to work for Apple and what my background was and then we did to rOLEPLAYSand then she told me that someone would contact me within 2 weeks to let me know whether I have the position or not my question for you all is this I've read through some of the posts on this forum and some people seem to get an offer right away others seem to take a little bit of a time is this normal or am I just overreacting this is for a position starting in May

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
So my Hireright report is complete but it's still showing a discrepancy. :/ I have no idea why they were unable to verify my original start date with my employer. I even sent them a w-2 transcript but they haven't fixed it. Wondering if they can still fix it even if the report is complete. All of this is pretty stressful and I'm really hoping this isn't going to hurt my chance of working for Apple. :(

iboigenius11

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
Hello!

Time is wrapping up for me only about a week & a half before start. I'm getting more & more excited as it approaches... I received a welcome email from HR regarding the 1st day!

April 6th group of new hires feel free to reach out looking to get off to a great start #

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
Who else starts training this week?

Whatcha think so far?

----------

So my Hireright report is complete but it's still showing a discrepancy. :/ I have no idea why they were unable to verify my original start date with my employer. I even sent them a w-2 transcript but they haven't fixed it. Wondering if they can still fix it even if the report is complete. All of this is pretty stressful and I'm really hoping this isn't going to hurt my chance of working for Apple. :(

Yes even though it says complete they will change it to incomplete while they are updating it and you won't be able to access the report. I would also send the W2 to your recruiter and explain to them what you are sending and why.

mediaman0610

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2014
Okay everbody! I have my third interview coming up on Monday.

So this interview will be kind of long, around an hour? I was wondering if you all could give me some ideas about questions to expect? Obviously I'd like to be more prepared.

It seems that they would be hiring me for an iOS Advisor.

And while we're on the topic of questions for an interview does anyone have really good questions to ask the recruiter?

Thanks everyone!

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
Okay everbody! I have my third interview coming up on Monday.

So this interview will be kind of long, around an hour? I was wondering if you all could give me some ideas about questions to expect? Obviously I'd like to be more prepared.

It seems that they would be hiring me for an iOS Advisor.

And while we're on the topic of questions for an interview does anyone have really good questions to ask the recruiter?

Thanks everyone!

I'll just say this...don't even care of think about technical knowledge. CUSTOMER, CUSTOMER, CUSTOMER, CUSTOMER. Please the customer, make them happy, satisfy the customer, build rapport, make them love Apple and tell how great Apple is to all their friends!

Did I mention be all about the customer?

sjko

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2015
I applied through the College program.

March 3rd - submitted application online.
March 4th - phone call from recruiter, simple questions about scheduling.
a week later, scheduled video interview
March 12th - FaceTime interview, 1 hour. Very conversational, interviewer was very pleasant and nice. I think I did really well.

He told me to expect a phone call 1 to 2 weeks after the interview. Today is exactly 2 weeks after... nothing yet. Waiting nervously :eek: How long did it take for you guys to get a phone call? No emails yet either.

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
I applied through the College program.

March 3rd - submitted application online.
March 4th - phone call from recruiter, simple questions about scheduling.
a week later, scheduled video interview
March 12th - FaceTime interview, 1 hour. Very conversational, interviewer was very pleasant and nice. I think I did really well.

He told me to expect a phone call 1 to 2 weeks after the interview. Today is exactly 2 weeks after... nothing yet. Waiting nervously :eek: How long did it take for you guys to get a phone call? No emails yet either.

I wouldn't feel comfortable commenting on it because I didnt go through the college program & from what I have read on here the college advisors only go through 2 interviews whereas the regular AHA recruits go through 3.

With that in mind, around 7-10 days went by from the time I had my final interview until I got my email for my a background check.

If I was you I'd just shoot your recruiter an email & explain "it had been 2 weeks since your final interview (and put positive spin on it by saying) I know the process can take quiet awhile & I just wanted to make sure I got everything took care of in plenty of time & you were just wanting to know the status of your application/interview since my interviewer stated you'd hear something when 2 weeks!

Good luck & come back and update everyone when you find out something!!

jralger

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2015
Just got the call

alright I finally just got the phone call today that I've been approved to move on to the background check for the May 4th class now just need to wait for an email from hireright can't wait to get started

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
alright I finally just got the phone call today that I've been approved to move on to the background check for the May 4th class now just need to wait for an email from hireright can't wait to get started

Congrats it's a hecticly impatient ride buckle up

kilo101

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Whatcha think so far?

----------

Yes even though it says complete they will change it to incomplete while they are updating it and you won't be able to access the report. I would also send the W2 to your recruiter and explain to them what you are sending and why.

Hey thanks for the advice! I let her know what was going on and even with the discrepancy, I got the offer call today! So excited!

So yeah I'd say as long as you have proof of employment and have a clean criminal history, you're good. :D Got all worked up for nothing lol

ialena82

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2015
Hey thanks for the advice! I let her know what was going on and even with the discrepancy, I got the offer call today! So excited!

So yeah I'd say as long as you have proof of employment and have a clean criminal history, you're good. :D Got all worked up for nothing lol

Awesome news! Can't wait to start class :) Glad you got it all straightened out!

DarkPassenger85

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2015
New hire

Hello, All! Just thought I'd post a quick message. I'm eager to start on 4/6 for the iOS AHA position!

My Timeline -
Applied: 12/28 & 1/29 for various AHA positions & Chat Support
1st Call: 2/11, setup FaceTime interview date during call.
1st FaceTime interview: 2/16, advised would receive email to schedule next interview same day, and did.
2nd FaceTime interview: 2/19, was advised up to 2 weeks for response.
Offer based on background call: 2/20
Background completed: 2/27
Official Offer: 3/2

Who else is starting 4/6? :)

And good luck to all those awaiting interviews and those already in the process! Just remember to be yourself, stay positive, show empathy, and convey your excitement to work for Apple during your interviews and you'll do great!

DarkPassenger85

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2015
re: camera

I'm also curious about the training and if you're on camera the whole time or how that works

From what I was told by friends of mine that went through training (both iOS and Mac AHA positions), you are on camera from time to time throughout training to introduce yourself and to take part in some class interactions. I would be dressed appropriately, but I don't think you need to be your utmost professional appearance as they are aware you are working from home.

Somoteitbe

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
From what I was told by friends of mine that went through training (both iOS and Mac AHA positions), you are on camera from time to time throughout training to introduce yourself and to take part in some class interactions. I would be dressed appropriately, but I don't think you need to be your utmost professional appearance as they are aware you are working from home.

This is correct. You are only on cam during initial introductions & just randomly here and there when broke down into smaller groups for certain activities during training. The application used limits how many people can be on cam at one time is part of the reason for this.

As far as clothing and what to wear, it's real easy. If you wouldn't be allowed to wear it on-site at one of the campuses then don't wear it during your scheduled shift. Typically, unless I have ran out somewhere before my shift started I wear t-shirt, hoodies, etc and sweats, lounging pants, gym shorts, etc. You can wear a hat, beanie and all of those type things as well.

As far as your question in your previous post, I know for sure of one other person that frequents the forum that is in the 4/6 class. I won't name who in case they decided not to post since they have since signed their NDA/IPA.

If you or anyone else have any other questions feel free to ask. If it is something I can & allowed/able to answer I sure will.

Glad things worked out for you & be ready for one amazing journey!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.