Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Looking to see if there is any one who has purchased a leather case from Mujjo yet. Looking to buy one but for a case worth more than my official Apple leather case, i would like to see some reviews and actual photo/vids.

Need a case like this. Minimalistic and with at least one card slot for work. (Access card)

http://www.mujjo.com/leather-wallet-case-80-for-iphone-6-plus-tan#customer-reviews

Attachments

• leather-wallet-case-for-iphone-6-plus-tan-001_2.jpg
    leather-wallet-case-for-iphone-6-plus-tan-001_2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 3,625

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I just received mine yesterday and I would compare the leather similar to that of the Apple leather cases. Love the case with the exception the top is not really covered and a little exposed to drops.

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
I just received mine yesterday and I would compare the leather similar to that of the Apple leather cases. Love the case with the exception the top is not really covered and a little exposed to drops.

Thanks, can you take some real user case pictures? With it on and off your iPhone?

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
Sorry for the delay in getting the pictures; work has been a little hectic this week. If you guys need any more pictures please let me know.

rmbpuser -- I like this case more than the apple leather case; i've had both and they are very similar with the exception this adds a little more functional but does add a little more bulk.

Attachments

• IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_2112.JPG
    IMG_2112.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2114.JPG
    IMG_2114.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 284

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Nice. Thanks for the pics.
What is the leather quality like? I have the official Apple leather case but really need a card slot holder since I won't need to carry a lanyard around me. You say it adds/feels more bulky?

The apple leather case itself adds a lot of bulk to the phone already so i am a little worried about purchasing this one :S

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
The leather is very similar to the apple leather case in regards to quality.

I am able to hold 2 cards with no issues, the bulk is very minimal but noticeable from the regular apple case.

Suspended
Sep 12, 2013
Here you are! The leather is very good and supple and also resists water quite well. It holds 2 cards, but if you really do your best, 3 will fit after a while. Good to know is that a bank card with nfc doesn't work if it's in the case. Quite a bummer.

I wrote a review in Dutch, but since there aren't many Dutch people here, it doesn't make much sense to post it here... :p Maybe with Google Translate?

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1616331

2s7hppx.jpg

333e9vc.jpg

2cxexbq.jpg

o8xmbp.jpg

19xx1d.jpg

2mrheeh.jpg

vsncap.jpg

2a9s6df.jpg

w9tpqv.jpg

2ugdv5t.jpg

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Whilst I think this is a nice looking case - I don't think it deserves to be called a 'wallet'!!

This case can only hold 1 card - I have never seen a 'wallet' ONLY capable of holding 1 card?!!!!! It needs to be able to accommodate several cards, to earn the 'wallet' title IMHO.

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Just got the KAVAJ case shipped. It's half the price of Mujjo
Anyone who has both do a comparison for us?

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Just received the KAVAJ case...leather doesn't feel as premium as the official Apple case, want to get the Mujjo which is exactly the same price as Apples leather case (inc shipping) however I am really worried about this happening:

Would love to see people's reviews after daily usage for a month and see how it holds up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 258

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Whilst I think this is a nice looking case - I don't think it deserves to be called a 'wallet'!!

This case can only hold 1 card - I have never seen a 'wallet' ONLY capable of holding 1 card?!!!!! It needs to be able to accommodate several cards, to earn the 'wallet' title IMHO.

Mujjo claims it can hold up to 4. 2 seems ideal though.

----------

Just received the KAVAJ case...leather doesn't feel as premium as the official Apple case, want to get the Mujjo which is exactly the same price as Apples leather case (inc shipping) however I am really worried about this happening:

Would love to see people's reviews after daily usage for a month and see how it holds up

I'm very concerned about this too. Almost every review on Amazon states the case rips or breaks after weeks or a couple of months. I have also read reveiws outside of Amazon which have stated the same thing. :-(

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
Mujjo

iphone 6 user here, my brother has iPhone 6 plus and he just got this case. But its so hard how do u manage to remove it? is it easier to remove the case on the 6?

If you have managed to remove the case please tell me how u do it. Thanks!

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Guys sorry for the bad news but the inevitable has become reality.

The wax which sits just over the stitching has already come loose. I purchased this in mid Feb and I have only worn it for 7 days maximum as I've been trying the Kavaj case too. I've emailed them for a shipping label so I can get my refund back. IF they don't, I'll be raising huge red flags flags to my friends who usually reviews cases here in the UK.

See image attached

DK

Attachments

• IMG_0976.JPG
    IMG_0976.JPG
    885.2 KB · Views: 242

maxxed

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
My wife and I both got cases a couple of months ago. Hers has basically fallen apart, mine has held up fairly decently so far. Let me know if anyone wants to see pics of hers.

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Seriously this isn't acceptable...the price is very very premium but build quality isn't up to par.
I wrote mujjo asking for a refund however the have not givenotice me a response. I emailed them two weeks ago!!!

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
sleek and chic

Ooh this phone case looks wonderful!!! Definitely looks like it would be sturdy and strong! BUT, i dont like that it shows some part of your card. I wouldn't want any stranger to eye my card and steal it. But, its a fashionable phone case that's for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.