Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcaswell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
I have an iMac Pro with a full sized Apple wired keyboard and I have finally got fed up with it. In my opinion it is the epitome of form over function - it looks very nice but is awful to use. I am aware that this is a matter of opinion, and I am sure that others love it, but that is my opinion. The small keys with limited movement and feel make my typing inaccurate and slow. So - I am looking for a replacement.

Can anyone suggest a keyboard that has the following characteristics:

1. Full sized, with separate cursor and number keys
2. Full sized keys - like the old fashioned keyboards. Are the called mechanical keys?
3. Wireless. I will take a wired one if the previous requirements are met
4. Available in the UK

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
I have an iMac Pro with a full sized Apple wired keyboard and I have finally got fed up with it. In my opinion it is the epitome of form over function - it looks very nice but is awful to use. I am aware that this is a matter of opinion, and I am sure that others love it, but that is my opinion. The small keys with limited movement and feel make my typing inaccurate and slow. So - I am looking for a replacement.

Can anyone suggest a keyboard that has the following characteristics:

1. Full sized, with separate cursor and number keys
2. Full sized keys - like the old fashioned keyboards. Are the called mechanical keys?
3. Wireless. I will take a wired one if the previous requirements are met
4. Available in the UK

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Here are two mechanical keyboards. Unfortunately both are wired but otherwise they should fit the bill.

http://www.daskeyboard.com/products/index.php?filter=.keyboard

http://matias.ca/tactilepro/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.