Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
I'm waiting for the 6S to be announce. I'm sure some time near Sept. A new iteration of iphone will be announce and/or released. Maine I don't like big screen phones (eg: iPhone 6S+), I'll go for the 6S. (Possible it'll be called so)

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
iPhone 6S Plus - Yes.
I upgrade my phone every year

iPad Air 3 - I really don't know about this.
I upgraded to the Air 2 from the Air 1 only because the A8X with 2GB of RAM. I don't use the cameras and the Air 1 was already thin & light. If the Air 3 would be QuadCore or something maybe I will consider upgrading again this year. If it's just another minor spec bump and some better cameras I'll skip it.

Apple Watch - Tempted, but no.
I'm gonna wait for the second gen. The OS will be more mature and so on.

iPod - I'm still using a 2008 iPod Nano !
If Apple releases another iPod Nano this year with a new design (hate the current one) I'll upgrade for sure.

Macbook Pro - Nope.
I'm so happy with my Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

Apple TV - Yes.
If the rumors are true and Apple will release a brand new Apple TV at WWDC I will buy it. Still using the 3rd gen from 2012. Lol, it sounds so old but it's still current gen.

AirPort Extreme - No.
I have the latest model with ac. It works so well and it's so fast ! I'll wait another couple of years.

So :

iPhone - yes.
iPad - maybe.
Apple Watch - no.
iPod - maybe.
Macbook Pro - no.
Apple TV - yes.
AirPort - no.

Last edited:

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
BMW 5.50i

My man, hahaha. I too will be getting a new Black Man's Wheels in September! My E36 was in an accident in Oct. 2013 & have been diligently saving to buy one outright since.

Back to Apple, tho...leaning more and more towards either a Fitbit Surge or Apple Watch depending on the cycling features. Fitbit just upgraded their offerings, so I'll have to see what the Apple Watch developers come up with there.

My '11 MacBook Pro will be getting a much-needed SSD upgrade soon. Been preparing the system by moving media to an external, backing up that external twice to other externals (yeah, I'm a bit anal about this, got an extensive music library with a lot of converted vinyls and all my traveling pictures I can't bear to lose), and getting an enclosure for the optical drive to drop a hybrid drive in there.

Apple TV 4 will be necessary for my new place for sure since my cable cord is cut indefinitely. Other than that, I think I'm good.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
from priority to less priority

iPhone 6S plus - MUST
apple watch - semi MUST
iPad mini 4??? - it has to be a complete redesign for me to even consider.
iPad Pro - way down the priority list

iPhone 6S/plus- nope
Apple watch- defiantly not
iPad mini 4- hell no
iPad pro- ummm.... Nope

Until Apple can show me they care about users (iOS 8) yes it is getting better but very very very slowly! Before they even fix it completely they introduce a new product (watch)

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
In order of importance:
1. Apple TV if there is a new one...been holding on buying the 3 with the new price drop since my wife took the one I bought last year to the bedroom to stream shows and movies (I basically lost it forever).

2. New iMac 21.5 if it gets the retina display.

3. And new iPad Air 3 if the battery life improves compared to the Air 2... kind of disappointed with my Air 2 battery life...getting barely 10 hours out of it, which is good but disappointing coming from 12 to 13 hours with the iPad 3 that I had before.

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
My man, hahaha. I too will be getting a new Black Man's Wheels in September! My E36 was in an accident in Oct. 2013 & have been diligently saving to buy one outright since.

Back to Apple, tho...leaning more and more towards either a Fitbit Surge or Apple Watch depending on the cycling features. Fitbit just upgraded their offerings, so I'll have to see what the Apple Watch developers come up with there.

My '11 MacBook Pro will be getting a much-needed SSD upgrade soon. Been preparing the system by moving media to an external, backing up that external twice to other externals (yeah, I'm a bit anal about this, got an extensive music library with a lot of converted vinyls and all my traveling pictures I can't bear to lose), and getting an enclosure for the optical drive to drop a hybrid drive in there.

Apple TV 4 will be necessary for my new place for sure since my cable cord is cut indefinitely. Other than that, I think I'm good.

Some killer lease deals going on right now

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
A new plus phone is the only thing I'm interested in at this point.

No apple watch and with plex / xbox one. no need for apple tv. Years ago I used them, but have since moved on to better quality formats so unless Apple allows more movie formats in the future. I don't see myself buying an apple tv again.

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
Depending on how this iPhone 6c thing shakes out I am looking for a new phone this year, but I am one of the crazy people that tried the larger but still likes my 4" screen. If it is a decent (not strangely crippled in battery or storage or ram, etc.) phone then I will probably get it.

About time to update my well loved late 2009 iMac.

Could conceivably upgrade my MBA but we will just wait and see.

I'm good with my iPad air 1 for at least another year.

Apple TV will be an immediate buy so long as the app store turns out to be a reality and is only available on the newest model.

Apple Watch is interesting to me, but as others have said I think I will wait a generation or two for it.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Add Apple TV 4 to the list now.

Might get the iPad mini 4 since I do want Touch ID but I felt Apple's iPad mini 3 update was absurd.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I plan on NOT upgrading this year. I plan to keep my 6 Plus and use that till iPhone 7 Plus comes out. I recently upgraded my 2011 13" MBP to the 2015 13" rMBP (with force touch trackpad).

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I would like a 6S plus 128 GB, my iPhone 4 is getting a bit old nowadays.

A mac pro rev 2 with a gigantic screen would be nice too, not sure if I'm capable of running desktop macs anymore though, have been a portable macuser since 1999. Needs vs wants...

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I would like a 6S plus 128 GB, my iPhone 4 is getting a bit old nowadays.

A mac pro rev 2 with a gigantic screen would be nice too, not sure if I'm capable of running desktop macs anymore though, have been a portable macuser since 1999. Needs vs wants...

Coming from a 4? That would be one hell of an upgrade

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
2015 GMC Sierra

Not sure on iphone 6s plus, ill probably save my upgrade for the 7.
Apple watch, more than likely and ill opt for the cheapest model.

And a lot of ps4 games

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
2015 GMC Sierra

Not sure on iphone 6s plus, ill probably save my upgrade for the 7.
Apple watch, more than likely and ill opt for the cheapest model.

And a lot of ps4 games

If you have a family plan you can have a revolving yearly upgrade haha

Sumter

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2014
Eh, probably nothing. But I'm keeping an eye out for the new rMBP. Early 2015 wasn't very impressive, but I'm anticipating a redesign either late 2015 or early 2016 with Skylake. I have a MBA right now that I use, but I am willing to put money on a redesigned rMBP when it comes out.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
4.7-inch 6S. Watch is still on the watch list, probably the second generation next year. The Mac still has a long way to go with the AppleCare.
;)

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
Oculus Rift if it makes it to market this year.

New laptop to replace my 2011 MBP. It's getting a bit old and slow and I've never kept a laptop this long. I'm going to have a hard time finding a replacement since I like the mac build but I'm not willing to give up my 2 internal drive bays.

Maybe a FF DSLR late in the year if I see a good black friday deal.

bmw328ci

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2011
Audi S4
Iphone 6s
MBP 15"
FF Sony dslr

Last year was a bad year(lost my job,sold my car-Lancer Evo X:() I hope this year will be better for everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.