Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xania143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
Ey there!
Yesterday, I was playing around with my Pangu Jailbroken iPhone 4S running iOS 7.1.2.. :cool: I messed up my Music Playlist and was having some battery issues that relates to iOS so i had already downloaded iOS 7.1.2 for my iPhone (as I love iOS 7.1.2 and don't want upgrade) then I decided to Restore to its Factory Defaults Settings.. I go to iCloud website and on Find my iPhone Option and I just Click on Erase My iPhone (just for fun that i will activate my phone by my own as I had iPhone 5 that were iCloud locked) so just after that my iPhone was connected to the WiFi connection and everything was normal and as a normal restore the Apple Logo appears and the loading bar just below the apple logo appears and it completes its loading and after that a BUFFERING CIRCLE Appears and it was continuously going round and round and round and round... After 2 Hours its battery was dead and I plugged it to a charger and it reboots and it turns on.. i was in my phone and everything was there nothing had been reset whilst in swiping right left it turns off again with the apple logo and loading bar and finally spinning/buffering wheel/cirlce ...whoaa i was Stuck in Restore Loop.. I tried hard reset that is Home+Power button for 5-8 seconds it turns on my phone but again put me in buffering circle.. ughhh i'm so irritated ... i had nothing to do.. well i ain't go panic i calmly opened up my laptop and put my iPhone into DFU mode. tried to restore from iTunes 7.1.2 .. tried with TinyUmbrella .. Edited/Unedited (both) Hosts file
But no luck.. I tried to open settings and erase all settings in the mean while it gives mean time of 10-12 seconds of loading springboard. but when i get to it .. it automatically takes me to the Loading screen...
is there any way to solve this problem?
I dont want JAILBREAK neither data and dont want to Upgrade to iOS 8.2 as it will slows down my iPhone operation.
.. I want my phone back alive with iOS 7 :rolleyes::apple:
Please Please PLease Please Help me

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm sorry but you aren't going to be able to get what you want.

1. The jailbreaks since iOS 7 have made a restore from your device problematic. If you wanted a full restore you would have needed to put your device in DFU mode.

2. TinyUmbrella and blobs and older IPSWs and whatnot are irrelevant now. Apple is not signing 7.1.2. You cannot restore to 7.1.2. You can only restore to the version of iOS that Apple is signing. Right now, that's 8.2.

3. Put your phone in DFU mode and connect to iTunes. Make sure your hosts file has all the modifications you made removed and then restore to 8.2.

Again. You cannot restore to 7.1.2.

xania143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
[solved]

Hey guys thanks for your response..
I recovered iPhone from that loop by going Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and I tried thrice and i succeeded in the fourth try..
Bu unfortunately i got stuck again in boot loop
as I surfing Web about iPhone Security and found a tweak called ( iCaught ) i heard about it before and I immediately decided to install that tweak first then continue with my web pages.
As soon I installed it asked me to reboot my iDevice and I rebooted it and Whoa i got stuck again and i tried everything to recover it and to save from Upgrading but I am Unlucky..
But

Finally I Upgraded to iOS 8.2 its a bit much laggy .. But from now I am Satisfied atleast i will not have to worry about the boot loop next time.. as I can upgrade to the version Apple is Signing..

and @eyoungren
Why TinyUmbrella and blobs are irrelevant?
Are they not gonna work in Future?
and are there THEIR alternative present?
is downgrading is banished? (banned) ???
:(

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
and @eyoungren
Why TinyUmbrella and blobs are irrelevant?
Are they not gonna work in Future?
and are there THEIR alternative present?
is downgrading is banished? (banned) ???
:(

Currently blobs are useless but according to the TU dev Semaphone there's good chances we will be able to use them again soon to restore our devices to unsigned firmware versions.
Read up on it here and get the latest TU version to save your blobs for future purposes.
http://blog.firmwareumbrella.com/page/3/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.