Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bfChris2

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
Virginia, USA
Argh, I am being driven mad by Yosemite and wishing I'd never updated it!

Bug in all input fields for me - doesn't recognise a mouse click in any input field in a browswer window, both chrome and safari. Can't edit content I've written…

Since I installed the latest Security Update 2015-003, my Apple external trackpad can no longer drag. Tap-drag no longer highlights text, and pulldown menus don't highlight their choices as I drag (I can tap to pull them down, but then no highlights). Instead, the pointer behaves as though it's floating above everything without interacting. Hovering over a link with the trackpad produces no highlight. Moving the mouse with my Wacom tablet produces all the correct feedback: menu choices highlight, text can be selected by dragging over it, and hover behaviors on web pages work as programed. Replacing the batteries has no impact. Tap-dragging on the bottom of this edit box (which can expand in Safari) or trying to change the size of a window by dragging does nothing if I initiate the drag with the trackpad; if I initiate the drag with the Wacom tablet, it works as it should.
Two-finger scrolling on the trackpad does work. If I two-finger tap, the menu comes up (the right-click behavior), but moving the pointer with the trackpad over that menu does not highlight any of the choices.

I hope Apple fixes this; it's a good thing I have a tablet and don't depend completely on the Trackpad.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
My iMac (10.10.2, 27", 3.3Tb disk, 32Gb mem) crashed today.
It spontaneously rebooted in the mid of a video conversion.
The screen however showed black with only a small white circle in the centre.
Meanwhile the fan(s?) ran at full speed.

A reset from the rear brought everything back to service, no files lost.
After eliminating every odd cause I'm left with the (almost) certainty
that a heavy process under WINE emulation can do this.

Obviously the disk was blocked causing the crash reboot to fail.

Anybody?
;JOOP!

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Crash

Well this is a nice one (APPLE READ THIS!):

A runaway process created 20000 empty files on my desktop.
I deleted those right away.
However, the process (?) that paints all the icons on the desktop just
went on and on (nice picture).
Then ....... I had to reboot (by Terminal: "shutdown -r now")
'ls' revealed that there was no file on my desktop left, but that 'painting'
process blocked even my black apple in the upper left corner and even finder.

... of course I should have left it alone for some hours to come clean,
but I wanted to work further.
Not sure if this problem is a 10.10.3 problem, but ....
;JOOP!

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

;JOOP!

Apple don't monitor these forums, you're better off submitting a bug report direct to them.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland

;JOOP!

radar.apple.com

kingspat

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
yes

Since updating to 10.10.3 does anyone else's Mac hang on a black screen for around 10 seconds before the login screen appears?

Yes, Came to these forums for this. Late 2013 retina macbook pro. it used to only take 10 seconds to start up. After this update that black screen takes 10 seconds alone. Whats going on?

nickajack

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 - USB 3.0 boot renders internal drives invisible

Found out that booting Yosemite 10.10.3 external USB 3.0 enclosures renders all internal SATA drives inaccessible.

Here's what I did:

1) Installed Yosemite 10.10.3 onto Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD in Vantec Nexstar 6G USB 3.0 enclosure. This is a fresh, bare install of 10.10.3 - nothing else.

2) Booted from the USB 3.0 enclosure on a 2012 Mac Mini 2.5 i5, 4GB, 500GB HDD.

3) After boot, the internal drive is completely inaccessible. Not visible in Disk Utility or Finder. Not visible after NVRAM/PRAM reset (Option+Command+P+R boot).

Just in case my Mac Mini was wonky, I tried the steps (2) and (3) on a 2011 iMac 21.5 2.5 i5 quad, 8GB, 2TB HDD - SAME RESULTS.

After after wasting another hour poking around between the two Macs, I gave up and re-installed 10.10.2 on the SSD in the USB 3.0 enclosure and booted on both the Mac Mini and the iMac - VOILA!!! - the internal SATA drives magically reappeared.

BTW the Mac Mini was also running OS X Server 4.0.3 however I don't think this make any difference as the iMac was not running Server but had the same invisible internal drive problem after 10.10.3 USB 3.0 boot.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any solutions?

Last edited:

nickajack

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 prevents HDD sleep / spindown in USB 3.0 enclosures

Installed Yosemite 10.10.3 onto a 2012 Mac Mini i5, 2.5Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HDD, with 4 attached Vantec 6G 3.5" USB 3.0 enclosures (ASMT USB 3.0 chips).

The Mini is also running OS X Server 4.0.3.

After the 10.10.3 install, all 4 Vantec USB 3.0 enclosures will no automatically sleep / spin down. Under 10.10.2, all for drives would sleep / spin down after a couple of minutes of inactivity.

Tried a NVRAM/PRAM reset (Option+Command+P+R boot) with but drives still refuse to spin down after a period of inactivity.

Re-installed 10.10.2 and all 4 drives spun down after a period of inactivity.

Anyone else seeing this?

Any solutions?

skirmish

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Network sharing files that shouldn't be shared

User folder and whole HDD shared on the network, can't see them specified in preferences and no inet.d file in /etc.

MPB 11,3 OSX 10.10.2

FwZk6VO.png

Proginoskes

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Tempe, AZ
10.10.3 fixed my bug!

10.10.2 still hasn't solve a problem they know about, where a save window is too tall.

(3) open up text wrangler, not in full screen mode.

Create a new text file; save it.

The text box where you type in the name of the file is above the top of the screen.

Oops!

fixed!

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Since updating to 10.10.3 does anyone else's Mac hang on a black screen for around 10 seconds before the login screen appears?

Yes. I'd say mine hangs for 30 seconds after the "Bong" before I get the password screen. I have FileVault enabled on my 2013 rMBP. It used to be about 5 seconds from the "Bong" till the first password screen. Now it just sits for 30 seconds before I get the sign-on screen. Very annoying, bug report filed.

EDIT: Resetting PRAM *seems* to have fixed it. Will know more tomorrow when I give it a cold start, but it's acting like it used to after a warm reboot now rather than hanging for 30 seconds.

Arthasmb

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
Updated to 10.10.3 but stuck after reboot

hey, guys, I just updated to 10.10.3 yesterday, installed the updates before the power off. this morning when I tried to power on, the mac stuck at the login screen with loading bar at 50%, also I released the NVRAM, also the safe mode also stuck at the half. I haven't back up for a week, and I am desperately near the deadline of my dissertation, anyone has any ideas, please? Macbook Pro, 15'' SSD 2013.

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
hey, guys, I just updated to 10.10.3 yesterday, installed the updates before the power off. this morning when I tried to power on, the mac stuck at the login screen with loading bar at 50%, also I released the NVRAM, also the safe mode also stuck at the half. I haven't back up for a week, and I am desperately near the deadline of my dissertation, anyone has any ideas, please? Macbook Pro, 15'' SSD 2013.

When you reset the PRAM, did you keep the keys down until the second "Bong"? All I can think of anyway, mine's been working normally since I reset the PRAM on it.

Arthasmb

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
When you reset the PRAM, did you keep the keys down until the second "Bong"? All I can think of anyway, mine's been working normally since I reset the PRAM on it.

Hey, I tired twice, I just been to Genius Bar, they connect my mac to another, allow me to retract some files that I modified after last back up then reinstalled, left a lot of work to do now. Now I really need to back up every night before I go to bed now....

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Progress bars without progress

… stuck at the login screen with loading bar at 50% …

Was FileVault 2 enabled?

Was the progress bar before or after login?

also the safe mode also stuck at the half. …

Exactly half, or closer to one third?

Was the lack of progress endless, so you had to force off the power, or force a restart?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.