Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
What does everyone think? It is also my first time using Final Cut Pro X, so just getting hang of!

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks, the digital thing is for my heated grips, still a bit chilly in UK right now! Going to look in to a suction cup at some point to stick on wheel for more angles too!

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
That is superb quality, I really want one of these for my mountain biking.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Nice.

I frickin love GoPro's....so many useful & cool scenarios they can be used in. A friend of mine got backed into by an SUV while on his bike which damaged both the SUV and the bike. The driver tried saying it was his fault, but the GoPro said otherwise :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Nicely done. I'm a new GoPro user myself. Can I ask what post processing workflow you are finding best for your videos? Do you use the GoPro video app to edit your files before pulling them into Final Cut?

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Nicely done. I'm a new GoPro user myself. Can I ask what post processing workflow you are finding best for your videos? Do you use the GoPro video app to edit your files before pulling them into Final Cut?

Thanks mate, I just set Final Cut as the default program via image capture and then edit direct from there. I found the GoPro app slow and clunky. :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Thanks mate, I just set Final Cut as the default program via image capture and then edit direct from there. I found the GoPro app slow and clunky. :)

Gotcha. I don't have Final Cut so at this point, so I've only got iMovie available to me. I've read that the native GoPro files cannot be edited in iMovie so you have to convert them first. I've not done a lot of editing just yet as mainly I'm just capturing and archiving while I research what I think will work best for my set up. I know I've got a lot to learn. All the best with your future GoPro endeavors. Have fun using it.

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Having the darndest time getting my Hero4 Black to work on my Mac Book Pro with Yosemite public beta 3. Any suggestions? The computer doesn't see the Go Pro camera

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
My first GoPro Hero 4 Black video!

Gotcha. I don't have Final Cut so at this point, so I've only got iMovie available to me. I've read that the native GoPro files cannot be edited in iMovie so you have to convert them first. I've not done a lot of editing just yet as mainly I'm just capturing and archiving while I research what I think will work best for my set up. I know I've got a lot to learn. All the best with your future GoPro endeavors. Have fun using it.

The files from the go pro are .mp4, but highly compressed, so it's best to convert to .avi to release some of the compression, making them look a ton better.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.