Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
How do you do that exactly?

There are two ways, if your phone or device is already trusted.

Unplug the device. Go to Settings, General, and Reset. You can either reset Location & Privacy, or Network Settings... Plug your device back in and open iTunes.

:)

Can you let us know if it does re-enable Cellular Calls in FaceTime settings... Cheers.

Mossito

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
This didn't work for me. :(

I'm on the latest developer beta on both, OS X and iOS with the same problem: OS X Facetime says "FaceTime and iCloud must be signed in to the same AppleID to use iPhone Cellular Calls."

Thanks, I will test any possibility.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
I've had this problem on both my iMac and MacBook Air. The only solution I found was to revert back to 10.10.2, via either a complete reinstall, using the recovery partition, or restoring from a Time Machine backup. After that I installed the latest Beta of 10.10.3 through the App Store. You may have to re-enrol the machine in the Beta Seed program first, by downloading the Beta access utility from https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/redemption

This looks to have fixed the issue on both machines. YMMV. If I was to speculate, I'd say it's down some sort of file corruption due to a problem with the installer. As to why it seems to affect some but not others, I don't know.

Hope this helps.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I've had this problem on both my iMac and MacBook Air. The only solution I found was to revert back to 10.10.2, via either a complete reinstall, using the recovery partition, or restoring from a Time Machine backup. After that I installed the latest Beta of 10.10.3 through the App Store. You may have to re-enrol the machine in the Beta Seed program first, by downloading the Beta access utility from https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/redemption

I spent over an hour trying this and it didn't work. On well. Guess I'll make calls on my phone or iPad until this gets sorted out.

Mossito

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Yes! Yesterday beta (14D127a) solved it for me, the option was automatically checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.