Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DesTheRed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Buenos Aires
Hi All,

Trying to get my head around this one, AirPlay by ethernet to ATV is working great, no problem, no lag etc. Mac Mini is far away from ATV. How can I control the media being played (flash player, any player, web browser, any media ) on the airplayed Mac Mini screen when both Mini Keyboard and Magic Mouse are out of range when brought to any of the 2 ATV's.

This is the same question being asked also if using Plex/Plexconnect etc...

How do you control a video stream, is the only answer use iTunes or use something like Splashtop?

Thanks in advance.

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Hi All,

Trying to get my head around this one, AirPlay by ethernet to ATV is working great, no problem, no lag etc. Mac Mini is far away from ATV. How can I control the media being played (flash player, any player, web browser, any media ) on the airplayed Mac Mini screen when both Mini Keyboard and Magic Mouse are out of range when brought to any of the 2 ATV's.

This is the same question being asked also if using Plex/Plexconnect etc...

How do you control a video stream, is the only answer use iTunes or use something like Splashtop?

Thanks in advance.

I've used iOS apps like Mouse Pro to control my iMac mouse via Wifi. I think that's your only option. I'm never so far away that I can't use my BT keyboard or mouse (house isn't large). I can't really see how you'd control other Safari based apps and such from iTunes. VLC has a remove controller app, but I really haven't needed to dig into this. Just wanted to give you something to start with.

DesTheRed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Buenos Aires
Just thought would let you all know, works almost perfect with Splashtop. Control the mini through wifi, still trying to figure out which display it will launch as I have two. Mac not that intuitive for me on the two displays and extended desktop, AirPlay etc..

In addition you can stream any media on safari on full screen media player no problem on the ATV.

Failing all of that put all your media on iTunes and also control through "Remote" App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.