Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Lesson for any prospective team playing Kentucky-don't "guarantee" a win over them!

A WVU player said those words on Wednesday. Last night, Kentucky scored twice as many points as WVU(78-39) and held WVU to the lowest lowest number of points scored in a Sweet 16 game in the history of the tournament.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I hope Calipari likes it hot. I'm sure he sold his soul to win these games.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Wow, what a win by Kentucky! Notre Dame gave them all they could handle. A great game.

Last edited:

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Wow, what a win by Kentucky! Norte Dame gave them all they could handle. A great game.

That was a superb game by Notre Dame and definitely had me biting my nails down to the last possession with the ND 3-point lob that was just barely off the mark. It brought back flashbacks of Christian Laetner in '92, even though I was 4 at the time :) . CBS even showed "the shot" during one of the last time-outs just to remind everyone of it.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
As a Michigan State fan, I'm pleasantly surprised by another deep run by Izzo with a less than ideal team. The game vs. Louisville is a total toss up, as they are another team playing well above where they should be thanks to a great coach.

Today's games were some great basketball. Very entertaining endings. Dekker's second half 3 point shooting was ridiculous, ND came so close to pulling it out, but UK finds a way yet again.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I would like to see Kentucky complete their undefeated season.

If Kentucky did it the right way fine let them go for it. This one and done business is just about cheating to get an easy championship. Calipari doesn't want to win the hard way he wants to cut corners.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
If Kentucky did it the right way fine let them go for it. This one and done business is just about cheating to get an easy championship. Calipari doesn't want to win the hard way he wants to cut corners.

Yeah, it's a shame about all those one-and-done players junior Willie Callie Stein, and sophomores like the Harrison Twins, Marcus Lee, Alex Poythress, and Dakari Johnson. At least one of these players starts every game, and most it's a significant number of them starting. BTW, WCS is also graduating this year, and the buzz around town is that he may play another year as he's said he wants to play more with Poythress(who went out mid-season this year with an injury).

I'll also add that, as far as I know, Kentucky is the only team this year with national title Game veterans. Of course, Wisconsin has its fair share of Final Four veterans also.

Last edited:

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
What a tournament! So many close games and so many great teams...

Proud of the effort from the Badgers - they had a tough road to get to the national championship game and the freshmen from Duke played some lights-out ball in the 2nd half.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.