Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauly800

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Have a google voice number that i use in my laptop in gmail and in my iphone. Last time i called to a landline to test it out and it worked. I also tried calling from landline to my iphone while its on wifi and it works. Now when i call from landline, it doesn't work at all, theres no ring.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

pauly800

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Can someone tell me why i cannot receive callls on google hangouts on my iphone? I could make calls with it to ppl in the usa/canada but i cannot receive calls.

I had turned receiving calls on so not sure why it doesn't work.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Try the link above.

That's just one of the side effects of using a work around vs. an actual phone plan. More hassle than it's worth usually. At least to me.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Can someone tell me why i cannot receive callls on google hangouts on my iphone? I could make calls with it to ppl in the usa/canada but i cannot receive calls.

I had turned receiving calls on so not sure why it doesn't work.

reinstall the app

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Try the link above.

That's just one of the side effects of using a work around vs. an actual phone plan. More hassle than it's worth usually. At least to me.

Hangouts works great with iOS. I Hangouts dialer all the time. Not a hassle at all to me.

pauly800

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Have another issue. I uninstalled hangouts on iphone then reinstalled it. Now when i try to make phone calls from it, it say its 1 cent a minute per call. Previoulsy it was always free. I will also say that i been in mexico most of the time and had no issues with it.

So apparently google sees that im outside the usa so thats why?

Another question is how come its still free to call the usa on gmail on google voice on my laptop then? But on my iphone i have to pay a fee?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.