Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
If you are in the market for a reasonably slim wallet case which also provides protection, and you are not interested in leather, the Griffin Identity Wallet for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus is definitely worth looking into. Available from Griffin for $39.99 (https://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone-6-plus/identity-for-iphone-6-plus-wallet), the Identity has:
  • 4 foot drop protection
  • 3 card slots
  • A strong magnetic clasp
  • A slim profile
  • Wallet case has a stand mode

Griffin Identity Wallet: Stand.jpg

Griffin Identity Wallet: Closed Back Side View.jpg

Griffin Identity Wallet: Open with Cards.jpg

Griffin Identity Wallet: Closed Back.jpg

It is available in white and black and is a very competent wallet case. Many wallet cases close poorly after the card slots are filled with cards, but the Griffin Identity Wallet closes easily and its magnetic clasp holds the wallet shut very firmly. Negatives would be the slightly loose fit of the case on the sides and the fact that the stand mode is a little wobbly. Overall, though, this is an excellent wallet case. I particularly appreciated the strong magnetic clasp and the pleasant feel that the case has in the hand. It's not leather, but it is a nice feeling vinyl-type material--sort of smoothly grippy. Also, not very many wallet cases offer any drop protection, so I was really happy that Griffin decided to come out with one that does.

Here's the link to my YouTube review, if anyone is interested:

Thanks!

Kristin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.