Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sylvanshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Hello, I'm getting a rMBP 13". So I was wondering if there will be a price drop on the Early 2015 model this April or May? Or am I being too wishful-thinking? LOL

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Although Apple won't, by then some of the third party resellers might. Microcenter stores and MacMall.com are two I know of that often sell new models at a discount after they have been out for several months. Macmall usually has discounts on almost every model and you can sometimes get a discount on custom configurations. Although it is usually a smaller discount.

The only time Apple does any sort of discount is for education sales, including their summer education sale. Although the summer one is usually some sort of credit.

macguy90

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Upstate NY
Apple definitely won't be cutting the price of their just-released Early 2015 MBP 13 anytime soon, and probably not until next year if that. However- in May you could very possibly find 3rd party resellers that could offer discounts. Keep your eyes open on sites like MacMall, they often have great deals.

Phyco126

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
Or you can see if there are any refurbished units that hit Apple's store. Always good deals to be had there, better quality control, same warranty, lower price. Usually takes three or so months for the units to start hitting the refurb store and in limited quantities, but still good deals to be had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.