Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejackson5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
I'd bet on DDR4 RAM when skylake goes in.

I don't know much about that, but it doesn't seem like that'd be too big of a deal for me:

« [C]omparing DDR3 and DDR4, neither was a clear performance leader. The difference between DDR3-2133 and DDR4-2133 was negligible in a number of applications, ranging from Handbrake video conversion to half a dozen different games. DDR3 was slightly faster about half the time, and typically only a few percentages points separated the two memory types ».

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
I don't know much about that, but it doesn't seem like that'd be too big of a deal for me:

« [C]omparing DDR3 and DDR4, neither was a clear performance leader. The difference between DDR3-2133 and DDR4-2133 was negligible in a number of applications, ranging from Handbrake video conversion to half a dozen different games. DDR3 was slightly faster about half the time, and typically only a few percentages points separated the two memory types ».

Yeah, but Apple is using LPDDR3-1600MHz memory, not 2133MHz :)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

Doesn't DDR4 come with (slightly) more power savings as well?

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
To each his own, but I always have to wonder what the point of having several hundred tabs open is. And how do you find what you are looking for then? And on a 12" screen with a mobile dual core processor... It's always interesting what bizare usage scenarios people have.

Tomorrow I have to check how many tabs I can open in my rmbp just for the hell of it. :p

The solution for your problem is simple: Don't get get the new macbook!
Get the 15" rmbp. Large screen, 16gb ram and a quadcore i7.
Everything for your intriguing browsing needs in one package :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.