Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Hi, my wife and I both have Iphone 5s phones that we have owned since December of last year. I love my phone, and for the most part, she does too. However, one thing is driving her nuts. When she receives a phone call, she must drag the button on her screen from left to right to answer the call. For some reason, the screen doesn't recognize her touch when she attempts to do so, and she gets frustrated and winds up losing the call. I wish there was some way that we could set her phone so that she could simply hit one of the manual buttons, such as a volume key, or maybe tap her screen twice to answer the call. Maybe this is covered in the online manual, but I can't find it. Any suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I would like to see her love the phone as much as I do. Thanks!:)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
There may be something wrong with the touch screen either hardware or software. You can try bringing it to Apple and see if they can test it. You can also try reinstalling the software since that's probably what they will tell you to do anyways.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Thanks for the response. I never gave it a thought, but I will switch phones with her and have her give me some calls and see if I have the same issue. If so it is a phone or software issue. Thanks again.

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
i had a problem with my iPhone 5 where i was not able to slide to answer the call sometimes. my fix was to hit the volume button and then i was able to slide to answer. other than that, the touchscreen works perfectly. had this happen on my 6 like maybe once or twice but hasn't happen since.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Nope, not plugged in to a charger, just trying to answer a call normally.

Gin Gin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I have a 5S and I have this problem occasionally too. Usually I can eventually get it to work with repeated swipes, but once in a while I wind up missing the call. Next time it happens I'll try the volume button trick, thanks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure if this might be what's behind it or what would help it, but this kind of thing was one of the things that was apparently addressed in the latest iOS 8.3 update.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Not sure if this might be what's behind it or what would help it, but this kind of thing was one of the things that was apparently addressed in the latest iOS 8.3 update.

Thanks for the info, I will make sure that her phone gets the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.