Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DRRAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Hi,

I was running a Jailbroken version of Ios 8.1.1 and accidently someone tried to erased all data and setting and now i am stuck with iphone logo everytime i switch my iphone 6 on and its stuck in this bootloop since it was jailbroken.

I know now the only way to fix this would be to upgrade to ios 8.2, So my question is would i just connect this to itunes and upgrade to ios 8.2 or do i have to do a custom restore ipsw ios 8.2 ? Let me know which would be easiest way to upgrade to ios 8.2 which wont be jailbrakable as of yet ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Hi,

I was running a Jailbroken version of Ios 8.1.1 and accidently someone tried to erased all data and setting and now i am stuck with iphone logo everytime i switch my iphone 6 on and its stuck in this bootloop since it was jailbroken.

I know now the only way to fix this would be to upgrade to ios 8.2, So my question is would i just connect this to itunes and upgrade to ios 8.2 or do i have to do a custom restore ipsw ios 8.2 ? Let me know which would be easiest way to upgrade to ios 8.2 which wont be jailbrakable as of yet ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

hold down home and power till it boots up normally.

DRRAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
hold down home and power till it boots up normally.

That didn't help , its still stuck in bootloop , what would be a good way to upgrade to 8.2 , which ones out of the 2 mentioned in my old post are better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.