Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Care to share the wallpaper?:)

777a4057a1a27e9961c74aaf2c027c4d.jpg

hopefully that attached at full res.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Rainbow Bridge, Odaiba, Tokyo. That vantage point, right where that photo is taken, is one of my most favorite places in the world.

16901683255_782090f506_b.jpg

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I ride bikes a lot, and was wondering what people thought of the idea of putting a phone number on the lock screen for emergencies.

I keep my phone locked, and deny access to anything, but was wondering about putting an 'in case of emergency' number on the lock screen 'just in case' so someone would know who to call to come sweep up the mess.

Making it look good is the real issue...

Anyone with any ideas?

Oh, and good to see not much NSFW pics. Not that it's bad, but...

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I ride bikes a lot, and was wondering what people thought of the idea of putting a phone number on the lock screen for emergencies.

I keep my phone locked, and deny access to anything, but was wondering about putting an 'in case of emergency' number on the lock screen 'just in case' so someone would know who to call to come sweep up the mess.

Making it look good is the real issue...

Anyone with any ideas?

Oh, and good to see not much NSFW pics. Not that it's bad, but...

Medical ID using the health app. You can add numbers, height, weight, blood type etc etc.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Medical ID using the health app. You can add numbers, height, weight, blood type etc etc.

Ok, but is it accessible easily from the lock screen? I do ride with a RoadID, when I remember it, but EMS usually looks for a wallet, or a cell phone, and with it locked and no access for features, it'll make it hard for anyone to know what, or who, that lump with the BMW imprint is.

I've been thinking about this on and off for a while, and seeing the incredible work of people here, I realized that I still hadn't found a 'good way' to accomplish my thought on security and 'just in case'.

I'll try looking into that feature, but if anyone knows how it'll work to address my issue, please jump in.

Thanks...

Now, a request: Any Ghost In The Shell wallpaper, or the green dude from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy game?

EDIT: Seemed easy to setup, and found out that a lot of my stuff was accessible from the lock screen that I thought wasn't. I assume people will know to look there in an emergency. Cool feature... Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.