Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I know that Adobe Media Encoder is included in Premier Pro CC, and I have read positive comments about it here and other related sites, can anyone confirm whether it's included in the cheaper Premier 13 package? If it is included how much has Adobe dumbed down/crippled the software compared to its Pro counterpart?

FWIW although both Apple's Compressor and Sorenson's squeeze seem to offer more options, unfortunately neither does as good a job reducing file sizes with negligible loss of picture quality compared to Hand Brake. HB files are both a little sharper with more vibrant colors compared to the latter two - hence much closer in both sharpness and color when compared to its HD source.

Has anyone compared Adobe Media Encoder to HB?

Thanks in advance for your help.

KeithPratt

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2007
Handbrake produces much higher quality encodes. I don't think you'll find better than Handbrake in that regard.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Yeah, I've tried several but I always seem to come back to handbrake. Smaller file size higher quality, less time, it is hard to beat HB. Other products may be better dealing with flawed videos.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Yeah, I've tried several but I always seem to come back to handbrake. Smaller file size higher quality, less time, it is hard to beat HB. Other products may be better dealing with flawed videos.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was disappointed that Compressor, which I own, was neither as sharp or the colors as vibrant compared to HB. Sorenson Squeeze was marginally better, but took forever on my 2011 Mac Mini with 8G of Ram.

That's why I was curious to see if anybody had a better experience with Adobe Media Encoder.

HB is still the one for the competition to beat, plus one can't beat the price :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.