Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
I went a few days without it and it was torture. I found myself constantly reaching for it and getting frustrated when I remembered I put it away. I'm not happy with battery really but the device is awesome. No idea if it was worth 600$ but yeah.... Awesome device and don't regret keeping it. If Apple makes a change to the battery I will gladly save up and get it. Honestly after using the device it's so smooth once you get used to it. Hasn't crashed once and insane in its speed. The only thing missing is multi window which I hope comes eventually. Cons: no multi window, battery life is acceptable but not great, needs more customization like android. Speakers shake the iPad. Pros: incredible aray of apps and music, extremely smooth and fast OS(looks great as well), fingerprint sensor is incredible and is ways better than swiping, thin and beautiful design, amazing screen, the list really goes on and on. I give it a 9.5/10. Some of the cons will most likely be improved with update. I recommend this device highly after a month with it.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
I returned two Air 2's for refunds because of the popping issue, and bought a cheap Android tab for $140. I'll wait this one out till Apple tightens up the design.

JuryDuty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Texas
Mine is at 40 and I really can't get past about 9 and a half hours without pushing 5%.

Sounds about right to me. Is it supposed to run longer than that?

Yes, you can get an Android for way less, but I find my iPad near perfect...the Androids not so much.

If you're unsatisfied, if nothing else, buy last year's model. It'll cost less and basically work the same. Then, when the next model comes out, upgrade.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I returned two Air 2's for refunds because of the popping issue, and bought a cheap Android tab for $140. I'll wait this one out till Apple tightens up the design.

^This.

I'd do the same if i could but so far only Apple's "solution" is to give me a refurb on exchange, no way.

IMO Battery life is as good as the iPad 4, for me pretty much the same.

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
^This.

I'd do the same if i could but so far only Apple's "solution" is to give me a refurb on exchange, no way.

IMO Battery life is as good as the iPad 4, for me pretty much the same.

Not sure what you have against Refurbs. They are thoroughly tested, and actually as good as, and probably better then new.

Also, I have no complaints with my battery life on the iPad air 2

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Sounds about right to me. Is it supposed to run longer than that?

Yes, you can get an Android for way less, but I find my iPad near perfect...the Androids not so much.

If you're unsatisfied, if nothing else, buy last year's model. It'll cost less and basically work the same. Then, when the next model comes out, upgrade.

Lots of people have posted 13 hours with a screenshot so yes.

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
I went a few days without it and it was torture. I found myself constantly reaching for it and getting frustrated when I remembered I put it away. I'm not happy with battery really but the device is awesome. No idea if it was worth 600$ but yeah.... Awesome device and don't regret keeping it. If Apple makes a change to the battery I will gladly save up and get it. Honestly after using the device it's so smooth once you get used to it. Hasn't crashed once and insane in its speed. The only thing missing is multi window which I hope comes eventually. Cons: no multi window, battery life is acceptable but not great, needs more customization like android. Speakers shake the iPad. Pros: incredible aray of apps and music, extremely smooth and fast OS(looks great as well), fingerprint sensor is incredible and is ways better than swiping, thin and beautiful design, amazing screen, the list really goes on and on. I give it a 9.5/10. Some of the cons will most likely be improved with update. I recommend this device highly after a month with it.

Did you ever swap it out? I'm still thinking the battery could be defective.

dubv23

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2015

What exactly is this popping issue? I bought a open box iPad from best buy and twice I heard a loud Pop come from the device. I got a pretty great deal so I'm hesitant to return it unless the popping is something to be concerned about.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Mine is at 40 and I really can't get past about 9 and a half hours without pushing 5%.

You could try coconut battery (mac app) to see your battery health. I'm getting not so great battery life either so maybe you can check your results and post them to compare? That would help me out too :).

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
You could try coconut battery (mac app) to see your battery health. I'm getting not so great battery life either so maybe you can check your results and post them to compare? That would help me out too :).

Don't have a Mac friend

becneel

macrumors member
May 9, 2015
Turned the volume way down but the vibrations get me every time.

Nasty vibrations caused by poor speaker implementation.

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
Sold mine this week. The vibrations are awful. Mostly because it just isn't vibrating the back. It's also vibrating the screen. Replaced it with a Mini and was happy to find that I prefer that form factor much more. It's actually portable, whereas the Air isn't.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Sold mine this week. The vibrations are awful. Mostly because it just isn't vibrating the back. It's also vibrating the screen. Replaced it with a Mini and was happy to find that I prefer that form factor much more. It's actually portable, whereas the Air isn't.

The Air isn't portable?

My Air 1 is extremely portable, goes in my bag to work every day and don't notice it's there. It's hardly a ton of bricks.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
My battery screenshot, not untypical and I always let it get low and then fully charge it. It is an iPad Air 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 136

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have both an iPad Air and an Android 7" tablet Kit Kat 4.4.2 is nice especially with file management but the Apps are the worse than Apple Apps. They are often crash or quit on me for no reasons. Also the battery on Air is so great even when you are not using it. My Android tablet sucks some good juices when the smart cover closed..that is not very good. So I stay with an iPad. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.