Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Very minimal use. Basically 3 days of use.
8US8Ikr.jpg

Szjaffery

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2015
I am using whatsapp imassge safari and little bit line to call and i am happy with it... Is it good?? My location bluetooth app refresh is off.
Ps its a iphone 5 sorry to post in wrong section

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
That's not bad.

ESPECIALLY for an iPhone 5. I'd say that's excellent battery life to be honest for that phone. iPhone 6, that's about average for me, maybe a little lower. I'd still be happy with that on my 6 though. My mom gets about 4 hours on her 5. :/

Szjaffery

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2015
ESPECIALLY for an iPhone 5. I'd say that's excellent battery life to be honest for that phone. iPhone 6, that's about average for me, maybe a little lower. I'd still be happy with that on my 6 though. My mom gets about 4 hours on her 5. :/

Oh so thats the highest i can get on 5. well i am glad that my 5 can manage it.

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
Here's mine from yesterday. iPhone 6. no wifi all day. Brightness was set to about the middle of the dial. Until about 20% then turned it down. Location services off.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I typically get over 30 hours per charge with moderate use - I've been averaging this on my 4S, 5s and now the 6. I'll have to say, iOS is really good about battery life. I think I'm getting this kind of battery life because I don't have a voice plan on my phone - I'm hearing impaired so data is the only thing I can use.

Attachments

• scr-iOS8-battery-life.png
    scr-iOS8-battery-life.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 127

yzjustdatguy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
Atlanta
Here's mine from the other day. Best I've gotten while on campus. Snapchat is the top killer as expected. Spotty wifi connections and 1 bar signal also effect it.
iPhone 6 - 8.2
IMG_0963.PNG

Maximeed69

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
This is the best usage i've had so far on my iPhone 6 runing iOS 8.2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 148

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Keeping the display brightness down as low as possible while it still being usable has always been the trick for me.

I've found that tweaking the following two areas in Settings will increase battery life quite a bit. I keep the main location services on but turn it off for each app that is listed individually.

* Settings > General > Background App Refresh
* Settings > Privacy > Location Services

Some apps, such as Facebook, are horrible about the background app refresh.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I've found that tweaking the following two areas in Settings will increase battery life quite a bit. I keep the main location services on but turn it off for each app that is listed individually.

Background app refresh has been disabled for me for the longest time, which I think is what helps me out with my numbers. I leave location services on except for apps that need them (mainly Google Maps, Speedtest.net and Swarm).

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK

Agreed. I have Background App Refresh turned off and only a few apps turned on for Location Services.

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
Finally achieved over 8 hours of usage on my 6. Half day on wifi. I also realized I may have a problem because that also means only about 4 hours of my day was spent off of my phone :0

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I am not even out of bed yet and it's at already back down to 46% from a full charge lol never in my life would I get 8h out of my 6.

spotify is a real battery sucker

AppleDavid

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
Hmmm..my iphone 6 usage :
6 hours usage 12 hours standby and background off...aiplane on and the battery is soo bad :S:S:S

What to do?Will ios 8.3 change this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.