Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I would like to apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this, this is really the only forum I know that can maybe help me with this.

With that out of the way, I have a little problem with Blender3D. One of my "eFriends" likes to do 3D modeling and animation in various 3D programs (on WXP), but Blender doesn't seem to work. All the text in the program is messed up (pic below) and scrambled. Here's what I tried to do: Install an older version of blender, (2.68a), installed an even earlier version of blender, (2.57 or something like that), tried running them in compatibility mode, in 256c mode, in 640x480 mode, in no visual stuff mode, and every single mode to exist on earth. Tried rescaling his display to fit his screen, tried messing up with some of the NVIDIA options thingy (OpenGL mainly), tried putting the display in 16-bit colours, NOTHING works. I can't really do things as reinstalling the system or that kind of stuff since I work with his computer using TeamViewer and he's not that much of a pro at it. I have googled the problem, someone had the problem on Ubuntu, but I'm confused. I added "windows xp" to my google search, and I get no results (which is quite shocking, considering I'm probably not the only person on Earth with the problem).

Again, don't rage at me if this isn't the best place to post this. I appreciate all help. Thank you in advance. :)

Attachments

• blender-app_2015-03-08_10-52-55-312.jpg
    blender-app_2015-03-08_10-52-55-312.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.