Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following several months of anticipation, the Apple Watch is almost in the hands of customers around the world. Apple will begin accepting Apple Watch pre-orders on Friday, April 10 ahead of an April 24 release date in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and United Kingdom. The wrist-worn device should have wider international availability in the near future.

Apple-Watch-Trio-800x363.png
Apple Watch starts at $349 for the entry-level Sport model, while the stainless steel model ranges from $549 to $1,099 and the 18-karat gold edition starts at $10,000. The exact pricing for the Apple Watch will depend on which model, size and bands a customer chooses to purchase. To help with the buying process, we've prepared a guide on how to pre-order the Apple Watch in stores and online.

How to Pre-Order the Apple Watch

Buy Online and Ship to Home
Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the Apple Watch on April 10 through the Apple Online Store and Apple Store app at 12:01 AM Pacific Time. Pre-orders will go live in all first wave launch countries at the same time:

U.S., Canada: 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time), 3:01 a.m. (Eastern Time)
U.K.: 8:01 a.m.
Germany: 9:01 a.m.
France: 9:01 a.m.
Australia: 5:01 p.m. AEST
Hong Kong: 3:01 p.m.
China: 3:01 p.m.
Japan 3:01 p.m.

If you are looking to pre-order the Apple Watch without trying on the device, you can purchase the exact model you want from either storefront and the product will be shipped to your home or a specified address for free with delivery beginning on April 24. Apple Watch Edition customers also have the exclusive option of shipping the gold watch to a local Apple Store via courier for pickup.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Pre-Order the Apple Watch

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
Pre-order now for your chance for early entry to the pre-order page. Once you are there, you can preregister to try on your watch before you pre-order it. So, pre-order soon.

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
So it seems you can not pre order and have the watch shipped to a store for pickup at launch. You are required to ship to an address, correct?

splogue

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2008
Cary, NC
For the love of God.... Please have your servers ready to handle the traffic!!

What I went through last year to get my iPhone 6 plus was, quite frankly, unacceptable. I got up at 2:45 in the morning (I'm on the East coast), got ready on my iMac and had an iPad beside me as a backup. The web site never came up. After about 45 minutes of agony, I managed to get the Apple Store app on my iPad to work, but I wasn't able to add AppleCare, and I also wasn't part of the first, release day shipment, even though I started clicking well before the start time and was totally prepared. It was a very frustrating experience.

On the other hand, when I got my iPhone 5? I was on vacation in a hotel room in Virginia with my ten-year old daughter. I couldn't sleep, because I knew it was coming, but I also didn't want to set an alarm and wake up my daughter. When 3:00 rolled around, I was awake. So, I grabbed my iPad, and even over the hotel's slow as dirt internet, I ordered my phone. Turns out they sold out in something like 23 minutes, so I was one of the lucky people who got theirs on the first day. Very rewarding.

The main difference? How the web site acts. The main Apple web site was down for the 6+ for at least an hour, for everyone. That is completely unacceptable. With any luck, that team was fired and this time they are prepared.

BTW, I was able to add the Apple care, and they were very nice about it, but to this day I'm still irritated that I had to work for it when I should have been able to just order what I wanted from their web site when it opened.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
This doesn't make sense when and how will they be available in the store if you have to ship to your house?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
If someone is having trouble figuring out how to pre-order the Apple Watch, chances are they have no idea what an internet forum is.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
How to pre-order:

1. Go to Apple Store
2. Place order
3. Done

wow, did it really need an article for this?

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
So what, are the Try-On booking available in America? I can't find them on the UK site or the Apple Store App.

I'm thinking I'll pre-order both models I'm interested in then cancel one of them after trying them on - it's just a matter of deciding which size to get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.