Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkar

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The headphone jack hole is too small, but I really like the case, what can I do to make my headphone plug fit? I don't think that any headphone plug will fit into an opening so small.

19RPT9e

1HQeHdr

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It works for me and my non-apple air buds. It may be that yours are a little larger then many others.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Use a craft knife to make the hole bigger. I had to do this to fit the (Apple) lightning to 30 pin adapter so that i could connect to my car. Or take the knife to the headphones plug, did that when i had original iPhone.

dmbfan36

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
my iPad Air w/official smart case has the same issue... I've got a small extension cable that I use now, but have been close to just taking an xacto to the case.

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Use a craft knife to make the hole bigger. I had to do this to fit the (Apple) lightning to 30 pin adapter so that i could connect to my car. Or take the knife to the headphones plug, did that when i had original iPhone.

Yeah that's what I did as well when I had my 5

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
The headphone jack hole is too small, but I really like the case, what can I do to make my headphone plug fit? I don't think that any headphone plug will fit into an opening so small.

No, the headphone hole is made to work with the headphones provided.....Your headphone plug is too big.

Use an exacto and make it bigger, good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.