Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
So I'm using my Mac, and randomly, it just pops up saying I need to sign into iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud account. Kind of like if you suddenly changed password (not possible - have 2-factor, and the password wasn't changed), or I had signed out (strangely, iCloud remain signed in, even though I chose to cancel the prompts - iMessage and Facetime just signed out).

Does this happen sometimes? HAs this happened to anyone else? Like maybe the Mac read the keychain wrong for a brief moment and decided to just log out?

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
So I'm using my Mac, and randomly, it just pops up saying I need to sign into iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud account. Kind of like if you suddenly changed password (not possible - have 2-factor, and the password wasn't changed), or I had signed out (strangely, iCloud remain signed in, even though I chose to cancel the prompts - iMessage and Facetime just signed out).

Does this happen sometimes? HAs this happened to anyone else? Like maybe the Mac read the keychain wrong for a brief moment and decided to just log out?
Hmm.. I think it has something to do with their iCloud servers, I was experiencing the same but then on my iPhone. Don't know why it always asks to log in again. Didn't happen on my MacBook Pro though yet.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

I had the exact same thing happen two days ago. Just sitting there and all three like you said popped up one after the other. I just waited a few minutes then restarted and it seems to login to all the services fine. I suspect Apple had a momentary server issue.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I too think the issue is with the iCloud servers. Yesterday and today I have been getting inconsistent push for email.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Thanks for chiming in, guys, I know you didn't have to, but it's reassuring to know when you're not the only one! It lets us know that perhaps it's not an issue with our machines.

Cheers.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
For some reason it occurs a lot with my Mac Mini, and never with my rMBP. I wonder in my case, if its some setting or issue with the mini and not a server problem.

mikeyGRN

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
I had the exact same thing happen two days ago. Just sitting there and all three like you said popped up one after the other. I just waited a few minutes then restarted and it seems to login to all the services fine. I suspect Apple had a momentary server issue.

Has anyone gotten any new info on this? I found this post a few weeks ago when I first started having the problem. I have restarted my mac multiple time and even left it off for a few days. Every time I turn it on I am still prompted to put in my iCloud, FaceTime and iMessage passwords. The prompts continue to pop up regardless of whether or not I hit cancel on all of them or actually enter my password.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Has anyone gotten any new info on this? I found this post a few weeks ago when I first started having the problem. I have restarted my mac multiple time and even left it off for a few days. Every time I turn it on I am still prompted to put in my iCloud, FaceTime and iMessage passwords. The prompts continue to pop up regardless of whether or not I hit cancel on all of them or actually enter my password.

That sounds like a different issue. Sometimes deleting the relevant password entries in Keychain then restarting and reentering the passwords can overcome this problem.

mikeyGRN

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014

UPDATE. So I actually went into FaceTime and iMessage directly and went to the preferences. Once I logged out and logged back in it has seems to have resolved the problem. Hopefully it lasts. I didn't do anything specifically for iCloud but all three popups requesting my password have all stopped.

roybertito

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
UPDATE. So I actually went into FaceTime and iMessage directly and went to the preferences. Once I logged out and logged back in it has seems to have resolved the problem. Hopefully it lasts. I didn't do anything specifically for iCloud but all three popups requesting my password have all stopped.

THANK YOU

This was happening for months every time I turned off the computer, it was driving me bonkers. This was the only thing that got it to go away.

atomictuna

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2016
I got to tell you - after yesterday's crash of the internet - it's 10/22/16 right now - I was extremely suspicious when I turned on my macbook pro this morning and all of the sudden it was asking me to give keychain access to all these different things. It would not let me sign in without it. First of all - what? Why all of the sudden. Then after I restarted the computer the whole thing was gone. Anybody have any experience with this? Also, when I rebooted suddenly there was a "set up your mac" graphic on my screen for a few seconds that was then replaced with the way my desktop normally looks. I am not kidding folks - be careful. Scan your computers. Mac should not be having problems like this. My computer is running fine now but WHAT...WAS...THAT?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.