Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I am trying to jailbreak an OTA installed ios 8.1.2 but TAig is not working. In Chinese I see that it says that my latest itunes is lacking a few drivers. What should I do?

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
I am trying to jailbreak an OTA installed ios 8.1.2 but TAig is not working. In Chinese I see that it says that my latest itunes is lacking a few drivers. What should I do?

As far as I know you can't (or shouldn't) jail break with a device that was upgraded via OTA. I don't know if that still applies/applied to Taig however.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca

If you have the newest verison of itunes that is the problem. I had to roll back my 12.1.2.27 itunes to 12.01 in order to j/b my plus I traded for today. I was getting the error itunes drivers not installed or something closed to that as TAig loaded the j/b process.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I was finally able to jailbreak, even if it was ota. I installed some drivers that were recommended on the Taig website in chinese.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.