Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATLApex1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
System library is installed on my MacMini and all sync'd to my iCloud photo library. When I try to configure Photos on my MBP it won't allow access to the iCloud photo library unless I make it's (empty) library the system library. Since you can only have one system library it stops my Mini from syncing. Anyone know away around this? Seems weird that the only way to now view photos on my MBP is via the web.

Thanks!

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
All set. I let the first one complete before starting the second.

What did you do? Just curious because this sounds like my issue as well.

I have a Photos library on my MacBook Pro because I was using iCloud Photos Beta, but my iPhoto pictures (over 15,000) are on my Time Machine because they wouldn't fit on my MacBook Pro.

I loaded all of the photos from my iCloud Photos Beta on my MacBook Pro, no issues there. Then, I did click-option and went to my Time Machine and loaded my iPhoto library into Photos on my Time Machine. The Photos app says it's building my library.

So once that is finished, should they both combine to my MacBook Pro Photos App? If that works, will all my pictures load on my MacBook Pro since technically they will be in iCloud and I won't have to worry about memory on my MacBook Pro?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.