Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie-Space-250x253.png
Mophie announced on Thursday that it has released an updated version of its Mophie Space app on the App Store for iPhone and iPad, alongside new Space Pack battery and storage cases for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad mini and a new universal Spacestation battery and storage pack for iOS, Android, Mac and PC. The new products are available through the Mophie website today, with prices ranging from $149.95 to $199.95.
"With this new introduction of Space, it's a transformative moment for mophie, as we've created a solution millions of people could use and benefit from, but without the barrier of a high price point - the app is free," said Daniel Huang, mophie CEO and Co-Founder. "Space represents another opportunity for us. Just as we created and established a real solution for mobile power with the juice pack, the next phase of Space establishes a complete, user-friendly solution for mobile storage and file management."
Mophie's Space Pack for iPhone 6 ($149.95) features a 3300mAh internal battery that provides up to 100% additional battery life, while Space Pack for iPhone 6 Plus ($149.95) includes a 2,600 mAh internal battery that provides up to 50% extra battery life. The popular lineup of battery cases also provide up to 128GB of extra storage for storing up to 64,000 additional photos, 56 additional hours of video and 36,000 additional songs.

The universal Spacestation ($149.95) is equipped with a 6000mAh internal battery and 2.4A of high-current power that provides up to 100% extra battery life for iPad mini and 200% to 300% extra battery life for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Like the Space Pack, the Spacestation also includes up to 128GB of extra storage for storing up to 64,000 additional photos, 56 additional hours of video and 36,000 additional songs.

Article Link: Mophie Announces New Spacestation, Space Pack for iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iPad mini

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I will only buy a Mophie when they put a damn female lightning port on their battery cases!
I don't ever want to have to use Micro USB with an iPhone.
What, Apple won't let you? Not my problem.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I no longer carry a battery pack. I am close enough to an outlet or computer with USB port to never need the extra battery (and most of the time my phone will go all day). And with cloud solutions, I have moved away from external drives. I would really be concerned about security with an external drive at this point.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
The 6 has a larger battery than the 6 Plus?? And here I thought a larger size meant you could have MORE battery. ::confused::

JunBringer

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2014
Too bad Apple won't let us use that extra space with their apps. I'm guessing you do everything with a Mophie app of some sort.

hybroid

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
The 6 has a larger battery than the 6 Plus?? And here I thought a larger size meant you could have MORE battery. ::confused::

This is very very strange and makes it non-worthwhile for Plus owners. Just 50%? No thanks, better options out there.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
meh, that's expensive. rather buy a power bank.

except that mophie space looks interesting for a hard drive and battery pack.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Greatly overpriced.
As usual.

Ditto. 128GB Spacestation costs whopping $300! It makes SanDisk's overpriced iXpand flash drive seem dirt cheap in comparison ($150 for 128GB), which is also far easier to carry.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I will only buy a Mophie when they put a damn female lightning port on their battery cases!
I don't ever want to have to use Micro USB with an iPhone.
What, Apple won't let you? Not my problem.

Have you ever even seen a female lightning port on anything? I haven't.

----------

Greatly overpriced.
As usual.

I love Anker stuff on Amazon. Same exact thing as Mophie, quality just as good, but way way cheaper. Mophie prices are ridiculous.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
So I play an extremely fun GPS-based game called Ingress (join the green team - we have more fun), that makes crazy use of the battery, because you're often out playing for many hours, running CPU, GPU, GPS, and LTE radio non-stop. So most everyone who plays for a while ends up getting external batteries, so that you don't run out in the middle. In the past six months, I've seen folks using all different brands of battery packs, and I think I've seen exactly ONE Mophie being used. They're crazy expensive for what they are. There are a lot of other brands to choose from, but the favorite seems to be Anker. I've got a 6400 mAh "Anker 2nd gen Astro" (which sells for $20 these days) that I can carry in a tiny belt pouch (along with a 2ft lightning cable). They're so cheap and good that I'm starting to think that everyone ought to carry one in their car for emergency use.

Rocketcases

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Hey guys, we've seen a lot of requests for the female lightning port, and we just wanted to let you know about our Afterburner battery pack for the 6 and 6+. It features a female input that uses your existing lightning cable. No more extra ugly micro-USB cables to carry around with you.

We've even got it on sale for a limited time!

Take a looksie here:
http://www.rocketcases.com/case/iphone-6/the-afterburner/black

ps. if you've read this far, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with an extra 15% off. ;)

Cheers!

Jon Marus
Co-founder
Rocketcases, Inc.

----------

Have you ever even seen a female lightning port on anything? I haven't.

I have. Would you like to learn more? *Starship troopers voiceover guy voice*

http://www.rocketcases.com! :D

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
Bad product

I have bought their mophie juice with 32 GB when it was first released and it worked as expected for a short time, but it started disintegrating very fast. The battery of the iPhone 5 will reach max 60% and then the battery would die and after 6 months the application would not read the storage which made all my photos and videos captive in the damn thing. I do not recommend buying any of their products.

The only good thing that came from them is convincing me to buy the iPhone 6 plus with 128GB. it is the same size is iPhone 5 with the cover on it. It lasts for 1 day and sometimes 2 days and it have enough storage for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.