Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lugesm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I have used the existing touch pad with my iMac for several years and love it. But, I would love to replace it with a Force-Touch version.

I thought that Apple would announce such a product when the new MacBook was introduced. No such luck.

Any thoughts?

scottyy

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2015
I'll be the first in line when they release one. It feels odd using my Magic Trackpad now.

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
Perhaps If We Chant-

Force-Touch, Force-Touch, Force-Touch...

I scarcely use a mouse on my personal computer anymore. How much better can a trackpad be? This Magic Trackpad functions as an ideal transition tool between the human and the machine interface (OS X). When will it come?

Force-Touch, Force Touch, Force Touch...

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
The standalone Magic Trackpad's clicking mechanism is currently in the feet and not below the glass surface like in MacBooks; adopting force touch would probably require a thicker body, which I don't see Apple doing unless there is a complete redesign to make that work.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
There was a post a few days ago about images for a new Apple keyboard with backlighting showing up on their online store, it appears safe to say they are working on an updated keyboard and most likely a Force Touch Magic Trackpad.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
A force touch Magic Trackpad isn't likely because it would use too much battery power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.