Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fairfield19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
I've got a major problem now after installing the Incognito extension from the Apple website.

Downloaded the extension and was testing checking/unchecking options. One of those options was: Google APIs (may break some websites)
It sure did! So I unchecked it, quit and restarted Safari.

Nope, websites still broken. So I uninstalled Incognito, quit and restarted Safari. Nope, websites still broken. Now I've got a large numbers of websites that are broken and unusable AFTER uninstalling this extension. So it appears it really did not uninstall and one the Google APIs box was checked it was permanent.

I can't access the Oricule website to contact the developer or the Apple Support community among many others.

At this point I want to clean every bit of Incognito OFF my computer. Whatever it did is irreversible, hopefully only temporarily.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
Fairfield19 did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem. I have also tried all of the things you've tried with no luck. I hate to reinstall OS-X to fix this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.