Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
My son has the 4S so I think I would have waited till the 6 came out if I had that one. The iPhone 4 running iOS 7 was just painfully slow for me. Or maybe I am just too used to LTE now to go back to anything that has less speeds than that. At least I'll have a nice backup device with the 5S in case I ever need it.

It teaches patience :)

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
How do you like it thus far? I am strongly considering the 5S probably in white and 32g.

I'm coming back from a Nexus 5 so a downgrade in screen size has been the major thing for me.

It's a cracking bit of kit though - very happy to have made the jump back and looking forward to iOS 8.

mobile-life

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
Finally getting an iPhone 5s

Always wanted - cost was just absurd. Thanks slickdeals T-Mobile iPhone 5s should be here next week. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Just picked me up a 32gb iPhone 5S in mint condition. Sadly for me, I'm not on contract and not willing to pay nearly $700 off contract for the iPhone 6, so I guess I'll be waiting a few months for cheaper prices on eBay, etc.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Just picked me up a 32gb iPhone 5S in mint condition. Sadly for me, I'm not on contract and not willing to pay nearly $700 off contract for the iPhone 6, so I guess I'll be waiting a few months for cheaper prices on eBay, etc.

If anything, eBay prices will be more expensive.
When people have control of the price, as opposed to Apple, they seem to attempt to sell it at a much higher price.

Not applicable to every situation.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
I gave my first 5S to my Daughter who needed to upgrade from the iPhone 4. I was going to use her iPhone 4 temp. until the 6 came out but couldn't stand it after the first day with it, so I went to Apple 2 weeks ago and purchased the Unlocked Silver, 64GB iPhone 5S at full retail. :apple:

I'm fighting every urge to do this. I dropped my Galaxy Note 2 and broke it and have been using my old iPhone 4 that I had previously given to the kids as a wifi only device. It is painfully slow and I really want a 5s to hold me over until the 5.5" iPhone 6 comes out which is looking like next year.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I'm fighting every urge to do this. I dropped my Galaxy Note 2 and broke it and have been using my old iPhone 4 that I had previously given to the kids as a wifi only device. It is painfully slow and I really want a 5s to hold me over until the 5.5" iPhone 6 comes out which is looking like next year.

You will know in about 4 days from now about the iPhone 6 5.5" model; on the 9th is the announcement of Apple's Fall/Winter new products! Noon ET or 10:00A.M. PT! This is the real deal! No more rumors to speculate about!

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
Hey everyone I am now the owner of my first personal apple device. I bought an iPhone 5s 32gb slate gray on Monday and I'm loving it. I think what really opened my eyes was the way that my parents love the iPads I bought them. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 that was aging and giving android.process errors. I think with the 5s finally has a phone that can truly compete with in the high end smartphone market. Apple nailed it with the feature set and size. The feeling I get with this phone is similar to how I felt when I just got my Nokia n95 8gb years ago. It's all smiles for me.

Munch718

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
I switched from the note 3 to iPhone 5s about 3 weeks ago. I loved the note 3 but had to switch companies because of signal issues. It took sometime getting use too but I am enjoying the 5S gold!

ravinder08

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Hey everyone I am now the owner of my first personal apple device. I bought an iPhone 5s 32gb slate gray on Monday and I'm loving it. I think what really opened my eyes was the way that my parents love the iPads I bought them. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 that was aging and giving android.process errors. I think with the 5s finally has a phone that can truly compete with in the high end smartphone market. Apple nailed it with the feature set and size. The feeling I get with this phone is similar to how I felt when I just got my Nokia n95 8gb years ago. It's all smiles for me.

You should have waited and got the 6

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
Hey everyone I am now the owner of my first personal apple device. I bought an iPhone 5s 32gb slate gray on Monday and I'm loving it.
Exchange it for the iP6 or return it, pay the restock fee and wait. Cost of a 32GB iP5s gets you a 64GB iP6. Worth it.

I switched from the note 3 to iPhone 5s about 3 weeks ago. I loved the note 3 but had to switch companies because of signal issues. It took sometime getting use too but I am enjoying the 5S gold!
I made the move from a Note 2 to a iP4 (for a month) then picked up a used iP5. I got used to it pretty quick too. Considering getting a 6 or 6+ though. :rolleyes:

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Seems the system is letting some of us through already. Score.

sGkpJGc.jpg

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
Ordered a certified gold iPhone 5s for the wife. Will receive it tomorrow. Certified phones are the best, there cheaper and there is no contract, plus it comes from the carrier. $369 total in price, w/tax. :cool::)

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2011
Just received a new 64 gb 5s for the wife. I'm very jealous, I really like. Got it for the same price as the 16 gb.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2011
Yup, T-Mobile here, too. They screwed up the delivery, which was free as well, so I also convinced them to give me another $50 in credit. Good deal for us.

It's a whole lot different from her old 4. She thinks the 5s feels flimsy. In glad we didn't get the 6...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.