Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I really like it too. I have grown up, and continue to live in Las Vegas, so sights like this I can only get online, or by traveling a great distance. After seeing Parkin's edit I now know it was the vibrance/saturation of the colors. Here in Vegas we rarely get clouds so it looked a bit un natural to me, but I assume that that's just how things appear over there.

Interesting idea, I had never thought to clone movement out before, but personally I usually leave a ghost or two(only with people) as I like how it can add a bit to a still image by introducing an element of movement.

Glad you like it. I'm sure there are lots of interesting things to photograph in LV though. Having spent a bit of time in the US, I can confirm our skies and clouds do apples quite different.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Glad you like it. I'm sure there are lots of interesting things to photograph in LV though. Having spent a bit of time in the US, I can confirm our skies and clouds do apples quite different.

Oh believe me, plenty to shoot here... just no awesome old architecture, or vegetation.

Though we do have some very interesting landscapes out here in the desert. Here is a shot from a park on the outskirts of the city.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
12167315544_d4de65e9d9_k_d.jpg

A HDR from the land of the Middle Earth.

This was taken on the road to Milford Sound, NZ.

exotikcamaro

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new here (well to posting, been lurking for a while), but I have been playing around with HDR more and more lately and I'm starting to really love the way it looks. I wanted to share this photo from a recent trip and see if I could get some feedback/constructive criticism.

Baia dos Porcos HDR 1.jpg by jganzer2, on Flickr

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hey everyone, I'm relatively new here (well to posting, been lurking for a while), but I have been playing around with HDR more and more lately and I'm starting to really love the way it looks. I wanted to share this photo from a recent trip and see if I could get some feedback/constructive criticism.

[url=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3901/14475254469_a63228bdc8_c.jpg]Image[/url]Baia dos Porcos HDR 1.jpg by jganzer2, on Flickr

Welcome to the forum. I like it. It's not overly obvious it's an HDR shot (which is good in my book). I also like the composition and range of colours. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

exotikcamaro

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2011
Welcome to the forum. I like it. It's not overly obvious it's an HDR shot (which is good in my book). I also like the composition and range of colours. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I felt like the HDR version brought out a lot more detail especially in the rocks and trees than the single shot version did. I have one other to share, for now. This one was taken in Baltimore of the Domino Sugar factory during blue hour:

Domino Sugars by jganzer2, on Flickr

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Nice. (snip) Can you tell me about the sky in this one? It looks strange.

Result of tonemapping, and a poor vegas sky to begin with. Here is the unedited proper exposure from the bracket of photos for this shot.

HvhRsgX.jpg

and now that you pointed it out, i went back and further adjusted the sky. Does this look more natural?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Thought I'd revisit an old love hate thing for me. HDR. Can never quite decide if I like them or not, but sometimes you have some shots you like, but conventional editing just isn't doing it for you (or maybe thats just me!)

Oof... don't resurrect the thread, AFB; dig a big hole and bury it in quicklime... :p

If 'conventional editing' can't save a pic... then maybe it isn't worth saving...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Oof... don't resurrect the thread, AFB; dig a big hole and bury it in quicklime... :p

If 'conventional editing' can't save a pic... then maybe it isn't worth saving...

I sort of agree with you. I like the structure of this tower with the foliage, but that sky just sucks. I know you have to revisit these places when the weather is better sometimes, but it's unlikely I'll be back down south for a while.

KidneyPi

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
I sort of agree with you. I like the structure of this tower with the foliage, but that sky just sucks. I know you have to revisit these places when the weather is better sometimes, but it's unlikely I'll be back down south for a while.

I like the sky. I don't think that's the problem here. I think composition is the problem. If the tower was centered and the photo leveled, it would look a lot better. It would also help if the perspective was corrected so the vertical lines were closer to parallel. Photoshop can do this, which is good because unless you're shooting large format film, it might not be an option. A tilt shift lens that can give you the ability to do some rise is really expensive and as close as you appear to have been, might not rise enough.

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
C&C welcomed as always

The Cocora valley, Colombia - experimenting with a single RAW file from D7000.

Attachments

• 7K0_1613.jpg
    7K0_1613.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 130
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.