Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harrychoen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2014
I‘ve been searching Blu-ray player program on google for a long time on my MacBook, getting a bunch of similar results with similar interface and price , which made me dizzy to choose. Are there any actual users here giving me some hints? I just wanna get a legitimate one and stay away from any troubles for long.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Granted, I haven't been following Blu-ray player software for more than a year, but the least horrible one back then was Macgo Mac Blu-Ray Player.

I really hope it's gotten better. When I last tested it, it was quite horrible, but nevertheless the best solution on OS X.
I preferred running Windows 7 in Bootcamp with PowerDVD for Blu-ray playback.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Granted, I haven't been following Blu-ray player software for more than a year, but the least horrible one back then was Macgo Mac Blu-Ray Player.

I really hope it's gotten better. When I last tested it, it was quite horrible, but nevertheless the best solution on OS X.
I preferred running Windows 7 in Bootcamp with PowerDVD for Blu-ray playback.

It's still pretty terrible. I've run into several instances where new movies won't even play because they don't have the proper encryption key. However, it does the job that nothing else can, especially when I don't want to reboot into Windows for a proper experience.

lht0747

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2009
Everywhere
It's still pretty terrible. I've run into several instances where new movies won't even play because they don't have the proper encryption key. However, it does the job that nothing else can, especially when I don't want to reboot into Windows for a proper experience.
@Venon, would you try the Macgo latest version maybe 2.15. According to their whatsnew, it can play all most new BD with BD+. I tried the player, Bird man and Lost girl could be played now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.