Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I was wondering if anyone was experiencing this:

When I press my home button, the screen turns on/is activated but is black for about 1 second, then does the unlock transition with touch id (from lock screen to home screen.)

Closing apps does not seem to help. But i've noticed if I turn Bluetooth off or the device that is connected to bluetooth off, this doesn't seem to happen.

Anyone have this delayed black screen?

If it helps I use a 64gb 6 Plus, and the bluetooth device is Jaybird Bluebud Xs

Many thanks for reading this!

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I was wondering if anyone was experiencing this:

When I press my home button, the screen turns on/is activated but is black for about 1 second, then does the unlock transition with touch id (from lock screen to home screen.)

Closing apps does not seem to help. But i've noticed if I turn Bluetooth off or the device that is connected to bluetooth off, this doesn't seem to happen.

Anyone have this delayed black screen?

If it helps I use a 64gb 6 Plus, and the bluetooth device is Jaybird Bluebud Xs

Many thanks for reading this!
Well... I'd be really surprised if this were the case but it might actually be the Bluetooth stack and service slowing down the device. Kinda sucks, but the 6 Plus hardware is known to kind of be barely keeping up with the software and all of its animations primarily due to the display resolution. I know it's not a fix and it's not what you wanted to hear, but yeah.

Two things:
1- Latest iOS? 8.3 does wonders.
2- This option really sucks but perhaps resetting and restoring from iCloud backup might do something (in case it's some sort of unique software issue)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.