Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
My friend just received his iphone 6 plus today and is having a very weird issue with his display. It's almost as if they display was put on the phone upside down. We all know you can turn the phone upside down and the home screen will rotate right side up but his is doing the exact opposite. When he is holding his phone right side up his home screen is displaying upside down. Orientation lock is not turned on. I have a video he sent me demonstrating. The only solution he could find was to recalibrate the compass which he has done several times now with no change. This isn't the general rotation issue some have when rotating the phone with the keyboard up, this is permanent. Does anyone have any ideas on whats causing this or any fixes he can try other than a replacement through Apple? Any help, suggestions, or even stories of other phones doing this would be great! Thanks in advance! I am going to try to attach the video to this post. Not sure if macrumors allows video posts though.

https://vimeo.com/122489621

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
My friend just received his iphone 6 plus today and is having a very weird issue with his display. It's almost as if they display was put on the phone upside down. We all know you can turn the phone upside down and the home screen will rotate right side up but his is doing the exact opposite. When he is holding his phone right side up his home screen is displaying upside down. Orientation lock is not turned on. I have a video he sent me demonstrating. The only solution he could find was to recalibrate the compass which he has done several times now with no change. This isn't the general rotation issue some have when rotating the phone with the keyboard up, this is permanent. Does anyone have any ideas on whats causing this or any fixes he can try other than a replacement through Apple? Any help, suggestions, or even stories of other phones doing this would be great! Thanks in advance! I am going to try to attach the video to this post. Not sure if macrumors allows video posts though.

https://vimeo.com/122489621

Uhh yeah his accelerometer is busted. Easy replacement through Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.