Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcman

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2008
His name is Yogurt.

And here is a short video of him sleeping.. -
:D

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I present you Muffin :)
He loves to sit in the sink and stare me down while I'm on the toilet...
Creepo!

Attachments

• DSC00779.png
    DSC00779.png
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 137

Doug Hope

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
Edinburgh
I've been meaning to post here for a while and now seems as good a time as any.

I had to do one of the hardest parts of having a pet, I had to say goodbye to my dear friend Barney. We shared many memories for the last 13 years.

So here are some pictures of him and my 2 year old working cocker Sash that I've had for 6 months now. He's been a great addition to the family.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I've just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in. A kitten brag it is!

... This is Dude ...Dude turned out to be a girl cat but because we love The Big Lebowski and this cat is ALL about taking it easy, we kept the name. It does not go amiss that she is also White Russian coloured and mostly called by any adjective referring to adorableness.

Her Dudeness basking with a chameleon light
IMG_20150325_1chameleon.jpg

:p
IMG_20150330_2lick.jpg

O_O
IMG_20150401_3lights.jpg

-‿-
IMG_20150403_4catbed.jpg

<3 glowbands
IMG_20150404_5glow.jpg

... to a point *crash*
IMG_20150404_6partiedout.jpg

Bath?!
IMG_20150412_7bath.jpg

Why you do this?
IMG_20150412_8bath.jpg

I do not abide your soft furnishings
IMG_20150412_9DoNotAbideSoft.jpg

Okay, maybe
IMG_20150412_10okaySoft.jpg

And this is a 1 minute video of Dude playing with a straw, which seems to be the new favourite thing:

-
(This is a 1080p recording if you adjust for it in settings.)

I won't say she's a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a cat. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a cat, well, she's the cat for her time and place. She fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in London. And even if she's a lazy cat - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Britain, which would place her high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a cat, sometimes, there's a cat. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced her enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renzatic

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Post pics of your pet!

tumblr_m6mw0pJE6W1rztupbo1_400.gif

"Shut the **** up Donny!"

You're a blast from the past. Haven't seen you around for ages. Cute cat :)

If you want laid back, then I give you......Bob

17313328831_410662f59f_b.jpg

Looking very dopey.

Last edited:

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I've been meaning to post here for a while and now seems as good a time as any.

I had to do one of the hardest parts of having a pet, I had to say goodbye to my dear friend Barney. We shared many memories for the last 13 years.

My condolences. Losing a friend always sucks :(

Shox2711

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2015
Spyro. 10 month old Golden Retriever / German Shepherd Mix

2nd Pic is when he was 12 weeks, he found a bag of Shredded Paper next to the bin.... He had some fun.

Attachments

• 2015-04-05 11.57.26.jpg
    2015-04-05 11.57.26.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20140919_154420521.jpg
    IMG_20140919_154420521.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Renzatic

Suspended
An update on the now ongoing feral cat saga. To give you an update, there were 4 cats originally involved, two of which are still around.

Cap Cat, who's now been tamed and acclimated to the point I no longer consider her feral. She usually sticks around the house, happily let's people pet her, and follows them around the yard. Also, she beats on the door when she's hungry.

Kitten3.jpg

Mom Cat. The source. Was utterly traumatized during her spaying experience. Not that I can blame the poor thing. I got her back on what had to be the coldest day of the year. To keep her warm, I made her a little bed in the basement, with some food and water set off to the side. Long story short, she ended up getting lost in the ductwork for a couple of days. When she sees me out in the yard, she goes into an attack stance, and starts spitting at me.

Fuzznugget. Renamed Harriett by the nice ladies at the animal shelter (they have no taste) after her capture. She was acclimated to people, apparently ended up being a very loving little kitten, and was allegedly given away to a nice family. She was probably the cutest kitten of the bunch. The last picture I took of her looked like something straight out of an ASPCA advert...

Kitten2.jpg

Homer Junior. Looked nearly identical to my old cat who passed away a couple years back, hence the name. Redubbed Henrietta by those same nice ladies at the animal shelter when learning that he was actually a she (though I think they should've gone with Homeretta). Her story is the same as Fuzznugget's. Acclimated well, given away to a nice family. Unfortunately, I don't have a solitary picture of her, since she was captured and hauled off while I was away. The only shot I have of her were the blurry distance shots I posted way earlier.

So three of the 4 cats were captured. The lone exception would be Cap Cat, who, despite being the most people friendly and trusting of the bunch, was the only one smart enough to know to stay far away from the cages. I had them set out there for months, but she never once wandered into one. After awhile, I started neglecting putting them out at all.

...and now here we are. I think you know where this story is going.

I should've known it was an inevitability. The dad cat, this GIGNORMOUS yellow and white cat that might be quarter puma, had started showing up again, and I had noticed that Cap Cat had suddenly started getting fatter shortly thereafter. But I didn't do anything about it. And now...

Kitten.jpg

THREE KITTENS! The broods are getting sequentially larger. Mom cat first had one baby, then two. Now Cap Cat's had three for herself. A little grey and white kitten (pictured), a fat yellow and white kitten who's the spitting image of his (I assume) dad, and another long haired calico that's literally identical to Fuzznugget, patterns and all.

The good news is Cap Cat doesn't mind me touching the kittens. She gets a little fretful when they're crying, but doesn't do anything to shoe me away when I just pet them. They won't be feral.

The bad news is that, between the raccoons, the possums, the moles, and now 5 cats, my backyard is a veritable zoo.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
The good news is Cap Cat doesn't mind me touching the kittens. She gets a little fretful when they're crying, but doesn't do anything to shoe me away when I just pet them. They won't be feral.

The bad news is that, between the raccoons, the possums, the moles, and now 5 cats, my backyard is a veritable zoo.

You might be able to find homes for them. They're really beautiful cats, so if they aren't completely feral, they would find homes. I'm not surprised it was easy to find a home for such a cute kitten.

Renzatic

Suspended
You might be able to find homes for them. They're really beautiful cats, so if they aren't completely feral, they would find homes. I'm not surprised it was easy to find a home for such a cute kitten.

I don't think giving them away will be much of a problem. If I can't do it myself, I always have the cat ladies to fall back on. The pride themselves on raising strays and finding good homes for them.

It's the possibility of having to do it over and over and over again that concerns me. I plan on keeping Caps, since she and Mom Cat do a good job of keeping the little house free of mice and chipmunks. But she's a little too clever to catch. If I don't catch her, she'll keep having kittens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.