Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattbh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2015
Hello! I have a question about pricing for my macbook 13inch that i bought back in 2012 (mid summer). The model is a A1278. Sadly for me, it's broken. My screen is cracked but it was still working fine, and my logic board died on me few weeks ago. So it's pretty much useless now. I was wondering how much i could get for the parts and where could i sell them? I would like to save what i can to buy a new computer. Being at the university without anything to work on is hard.

Thank you for answering!

Last edited:

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Hello! I have a question about pricing for my macbook 13inch that i bought back in 2012 (mid summer). The model is a A1278. Sadly for me, it's broken. My screen is cracked but it was still working fine, and my logic board died on me few weeks ago. So it's pretty much useless now. I was wondering how much i could get for the parts and where could i sell them? I would like to save what i can to buy a new computer. Being at the university without anything to work on is hard.

Thank you for answering!

Start with researching eBay.

Mattbh12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2015
Too be honest i did. Even if i search with Ebay, i just can't really find the value due to the fact that i have specific parts of it that is broken. I also did try other websites.

If i could find it, i wouldnt ask for advice. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
Too be honest i did. Even if i search with Ebay, i just can't really find the value due to the fact that i have specific parts of it that is broken. I also did try other websites.

If i could find it, i wouldnt ask for advice. Thanks.

Why don't you just list it up? I had a broken Macbook that I listed up and within an hour, I had 3 different offers from repair companies - one was particularly high so I accepted it straight away for a quick-sale.

bookwormsy

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
When you say the screen is cracked, was the LCD ok and the glass cracked, or was the LCD also broken? If it's just the glass, you could get 100-200 for the screen.

All in all, i'd say you could probably get between 250-350 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.