Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
Moviebox iOS 8.1 (no jailbreak)

But it still works and plays movies without a hitch. Well it did until I upgraded to official iOS 8.3.

Going to re install it later..

It is NOT safe.

Wait for the official iOS app from popcorntime.io

Tonyhaz

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
Been watching criminal minds on movie box with no worrys, Till now, plays on iPad fine but not using AirPlay, come up error unable to load at this time, noticed a few of tv shows are the same, some are fine, it's been fine until a few days ago, I've rebooted the Apple TV and updated it, but still no luck, same with playbox, try season 10 episode 16, 17, 18 see if it's the same on anyone's Apple TV

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Moviebox has the 4 new episodes of season 5 of game of thrones and it hasn't premiered yet! I'm downloading them now.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
A little off topic but after updating iPad to 8.3 moviebox still working. On iPhone it didn't no big deal was able to reinstall on phone using vshare. Vshare seems to be the best way to install it on unjailbroken devices.

Timmeh8604

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Thanks xmex, every link I've seen on here in months haven't worked for me but yours did. My mom is super happy now too lol.

anyman4545

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well folks popcorn is available on iOS 8.3 jailbreak free! ;)

Setup guide:
Step 1. Download the iOS Installer Popcorn Time 1.14.exe extension for windows (Mac OS X Installer is in the works.) If you’re downloading with Chrome you may get “this exe is not commonly downloaded..” All you have to do is tap on the arrow to the right of discard, and tap keep.

Step 2. Once it’s done downloading fire up the iOS Installer and follow the on screen instructions to begin the installation.

Step 3. The iOS Installer is now installed, tap finish at the bottom of the installer window, and the iOS Installer should launch automatically.

Step 4. Connect your device to the computer. Pay attention to your device and when you’re prompted tap “Trust.”

Step 5. Keep looking at your device and you’ll be prompted once again to put the device into “Airplane Mode.”

Step 6. Just be patient while the iOS Installer performs its magic.

Wallah! :)

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Popcorn Time didn't work well for me. The movies never downloaded so I deleted the app. I was excited about it but it just seems like crap.

Timmeh8604

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Movie box link above worked until now, won't open and won't reinstall either. Lasted two whole days....

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
With vshare you have to delete vshare and Moviebox every couple of days and re download for it to work.... But it DOES work.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
The current version of moviebox via vshare doesn't work. It says version 3.3.1 but there's no file to actually download. It says zero megabytes.

unclejamaal

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2010
Has anyone tried playbox? Works for me on a non jailbroken ipad most of the time and I prefer it to showbox on android which had really messed up in the latest release

layman-newb

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
Elbuytre and others from before -Thx so much for all your efforts! The last link elbuytre gave started working again for me on iPhone 6+ 8.3. Sure movie box goes down way too often but I'm very grateful when it works. And very grateful for people like you that help others access it. Please keep it up as it is very much appreciated

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Thanks guys .. Just save that link and whenever MB is not working.. You would see on the link when the app was updated, delete the app and reinstall it ..

twinszz

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
Moviebox iOS 8.1 (no jailbreak)

Do I HAVE to delete the app when it stops working, before I renown load? Is there a way to not loose what has been downloaded when re-downloading the app?

----------

Do we still need to do the airplane mode to download.

elbuytre

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2015
BOSTON
Do I HAVE to delete the app when it stops working, before I renown load? Is there a way to not loose what has been downloaded when re-downloading the app?

----------

Do we still need to do the airplane mode to download.

I havent try if still workin .. But i dont think you can save what i had downloaded.. .. It's totally like a new app every time you delete it and re-download

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I paid for mine through ipawind.com and it works fine without a hitch... Not sure if this can be posted here but it's really worth the $15 for me. I got moviebox and also pandora with ad and skip hack, couldn't ask for anything more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.