Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
I used to have a 16 GB iPhone and each time I started running out of space I transferred the pics to my Mac and then deleted them from my iPhone.

Now that I have plenty of space on my iPhone 6 (64GB) I'd like to transfer those old pics on my new iPhone.

1. Will those pics remain intact, or will iTunes mess them up in any way (resize or whatnot)?

2. Will they blend nicely with my current Camera Roll (i.e. date-wise etc)?

Thanks.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I used to have a 16 GB iPhone and each time I started running out of space I transferred the pics to my Mac and then deleted them from my iPhone.

Now that I have plenty of space on my iPhone 6 (64GB) I'd like to transfer those old pics on my new iPhone.

1. Will those pics remain intact, or will iTunes mess them up in any way (resize or whatnot)?

2. Will they blend nicely with my current Camera Roll (i.e. date-wise etc)?

Thanks.

1. iTunes shouldn't mess with the pictures in anyway, that I know of. They should come in exactly how they are on your Mac (unless it is an image file type not supported by the iPhone).

2. Theoretically they should. However, the camera roll saves pictures as IMG_XXXX with the Xs being the sequence number of your phone's camera roll. When these are transferred to your Mac from your new phone's camera roll, you will see them renamed to IMG_XXXX (1) for example.

It almost sounds like you would benefit more from iCloud Photo Library, if you want all of your photos on all of your devices. But that is just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.