Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
After the update About This Mac has strange storage information. iStat Menu information is incorrect also.

Attachments

• about.png
    about.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
It can take an hour or so to complete, so make sure you wait until it is done. :)

I only have OS files on the drive (about 26GB) so it only takes a few minutes. I can tell by watching CPU activity. I just ran it twice and CPU is back to 99% idle. No change in symptoms.

Did you notice that it is showing 140.74TB of Backup but the verbiage above the graphic shows the correct numbers?

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
iStat Menu information is wrong as well. I only wish I had 140.96TB free:

Attachments

• disk.png
    disk.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 45

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
I accidentally fixed this while working on something else. I saved an invoice from a website to the desktop as a PDF. After attaching the PDF to a mail, I trashed it. I couldn't empty the trash though. I finally executed: sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/ to empty the trash. Now About This Mac and iStat menus has correct disk usage info?????? :confused::confused::confused:

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Sounds like you might have bigger lurking issues of you need to issue commands into terminal manually to empty your trash.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
Sounds like you might have bigger lurking issues of you need to issue commands into terminal manually to empty your trash.

It was only one file that was a problem. When I attempted to empty trash, I got a dialog box saying that file was in use. I attached it to an email and had sent the email. I'm not sure why it was thought to be in use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.