Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
8fdd9550575a25382690110acbcd1a46.jpg

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Did I? Show me. I don't remember giving you a hard time specifically because of your past Samsung experiences. Genuinely don't remember. Show me?

Originally Posted by Cnasty
MRU is right on in this thread.

TW is a disaster and yay it runs fast brand new. Give it time as Samsung has fooled me before with a beautiful screen but the resource management and TW interface is terrible.

Not this time Samsung.

Beautiful hardware, worst software out there.
Enjoy fellas

Originally Posted by epicrayban
Yawn. How many times will you tell us this? You've made your decision about the s6. Thanks for telling us again.

Plenty of other android devices and threads to discuss them in.

Not dragging it on but just showing you as you asked. :)

unclejamaal

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2010
No, it just feels good to hold and looks cool. Honestly I'm thinking of returning it after few days of using it. I'm missing the screen size of my Note 4.

I have a note 4 and I won't be getting the s6 Or edge. :) I'm sure others like it but to me the edge just doesn't look right on a phone .

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I have a note 4 and I won't be getting the s6 Or edge. :) I'm sure others like it but to me the edge just doesn't look right on a phone .
To me the edge feels great in my hand. But I am sure it is not for everyone.
But I do miss the extra screen size of the N4 and 6+. But then.....i do like being able to use the S6e one handed. Its no wonder i have so many phones. I just can't decide!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
To me the edge feels great in my hand. But I am sure it is not for everyone.
But I do miss the extra screen size of the N4 and 6+. But then.....i do like being able to use the S6e one handed. Its no wonder i have so many phones. I just can't decide!
Yep. Its like the perfect portable size, but the extra space on out phablets make them more enjoyable for media consumption when at home.

Don't think I'll ever have just one phone that fulfills everything I want from a device.

Thank god we can have more than 1 :)

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Just got back from Best Buy and my first experience with this phone.

I must say it is beautiful! Super lightweight, screen might be the best I've seen and I am just very impressed.

Its a tad small for what I like and I dont like TW vs pure Android on a Nexus device but I am very impressed at the feel in the hand.

Beautiful hardware, worrisome software still.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
I don't know how any of you are not experiencing lag.

My s6 definitely lags and gets hung up. The keyboard is particularly bad.

Actually I noticed that my keyboard loses the additional languages at least once a day and I get random force closed applications, mainly Google or Samsung apps.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Actually I noticed that my keyboard loses the additional languages at least once a day and I get random force closed applications, mainly Google or Samsung apps.
I am using SwiftKey and have not had any issues at all.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I am using SwiftKey and have not had any issues at all.
I'm just using Samsung keyboard myself and likewise haven't had the issue. But then I only have one language on my phone, are folks having the trouble got multiple language keyboards ?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'm just using Samsung keyboard myself and likewise haven't had the issue. But then I only have one language on my phone, are folks having the trouble got multiple language keyboards ?
I guess that's the issue then. I only use one language. I have never switched languages.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Just got back from Best Buy and my first experience with this phone.

I must say it is beautiful! Super lightweight, screen might be the best I've seen and I am just very impressed.

Its a tad small for what I like and I dont like TW vs pure Android on a Nexus device but I am very impressed at the feel in the hand.

Beautiful hardware, worrisome software still.

Speaking of Best Buy, I'm digging my free wireless charger they gave me with my pre-order.

Mostly I throw it on there when walking between rooms or doing quick tasks. The fast charger does the heavy lifting but there is a certain amount of convenience to just throwing the S6 on to the charger and doing top offs while home.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Speaking of Best Buy, I'm digging my free wireless charger they gave me with my pre-order.

Mostly I throw it on there when walking between rooms or doing quick tasks. The fast charger does the heavy lifting but there is a certain amount of convenience to just throwing the S6 on to the charger and doing top offs while home.

They had a gold one laying on there at the Samsung barge and I have never used or understood wireless charging but man it was cool.

Hoping to get a couple wireless chargers for my N6 here soon for the office and spots at the house for the exact thing you mentioned.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014

Google maps crashed on me twice. But this was happening on my one plus too occasionally. Luckily my keyboards don't crash. It just lags sometimes instead. :(

Admittedly not as much though since the factory reset.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Oh... :( Haven't had any apps crash but sometimes google play music acts all weird / stops up for a while. Its the only app I've had problem with.
No app crashes here either. Been a pretty solid phone so far. Battery lasts all day... Its fast as hell. No issues. Only think I'm on the fence about if the screen size. Not sure it it is too small for me. Kinda got used the screen size on the N4 and 6 +

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
So more wifi calling issues, screen flickering bug, and a weaker fingerprint scanner. A cache wipe and factory data reset isn't enough. Tried to get it replaced for the original white color I was supposed to get over black, people didn't have it in stock. Drove 38 miles to get another one, but nope, the manager was too gung-ho about corporate policies. Talk about my luck? Tech support and customer service helped, but this manager didn't. He isn't a good one and I will try to avoid that store in the future.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Oh... :( Haven't had any apps crash but sometimes google play music acts all weird / stops up for a while. Its the only app I've had problem with.

Actually just thinking about it. Day #1 I also got an update so might give a reset a try after all

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Actually just thinking about it. Day #1 I also got an update so might give a reset a try after all
Yeah I got that update too. You never know if something got a little messed up when it was 'optimising' apps. Its worth a try and at least with lollipop homescreen layout is restored after a backup (unless your using Nova in which case do a backup to google drive storage to recover after your back up and running).

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Had it for a couple of days now.

Still slightly on the fence about it as I was going to wait and see what the G4 was like.

But otherwise Samsung have done a brilliant job here. Even TouchWiz is massively improved.

I agree the Edge is more cosmetic, but it's lush so I don't care! But totally see how the normal S6 would be perfectly as good and perhaps even better for most people.

The camera is excellent, the screen is outstanding, the fingerprint scanner has worked about 95% for me.

The ONLY thing I don't like is the glass back. Yes it's lovely but it slides around, I'm worried about fragility and I'd definitely need a case.

Not sure if I will keep it but probably will. I also still have one eye on an Apple Watch in the future.

But the Edge is EASILY the best phone in the history of the universe ever ever ever as an all-round package, no doubt at all. Everyone I've shown it to is massively impressed.

Bravo Samsung.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Update: gotta sell it as you can't unlock it yet, it's too new!!!

Oh well, decision made. Lovely phone though.

May sell my other phone too and go back to my iPhone 3G for a few weeks :D

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Impressed that Samsung allows you to resize app grids now..might tempt me to use TW instead of nova now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.