Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevin James

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2015
The Gold paint rubbed off of my iPhone 6. It happened at the bottom part of the phone. I am extremely careful with my phone and there was nothing unusual to make that happen. I took it to the Apple Store and they said it probably happened because it was in my pocket and rubbed some paint off. Where else does a man carry a phone in normal circumstances? He even said a case might not for sure prevent that from happening. If you rub the spot it feels just like the rest of the phone but visually there is about a quarter inch round silver looking area that once was gold.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
There's a slight blemish on one corner of my silver 6+ caused, ironically, by the case I'm using. It doesn't take much to scuff these phones.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
I stopped reading when you used paint and anodize in the same sentence. Clearly you have no idea what anodization is and why being able to "rub it off" is ridiculous.

Rub off? No, but anodization will wear off with use, I have seen it on anodized aluminum gun frames. It would take a lot of handling a phone though for it to happen and most likely it would be due to a case rubbing on it.

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
Evidently OP hasn't bothered to research the anodising and dye absorbtion processes, and just wants to draw attention... aka "drama queening".

I tell you something which ain't rubbing off on me - any of this uninformed GUFF.

PS: Please delete this thread, PLEEEEEASE, we don't want "reverse cap boy" doing another stupid video and milking subs money on YT :p

Maximeed69

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
I'm using a gold iPhone 6 and i can say that i clean it almost everynight , never had anu issues with the color coming off !

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
tumblr_me5c1fX9Di1raldhto1_500.jpg

Mine is just as gold as it was on day one.

Mamamia

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2015
We'll my iPhone 6 plus surprised me when I was about to sell it, I started to clean it and noticed no problems until I removed my protective rubber frame, I was totally shocked in dismay to see that paint came off. , looks like it was rubbed against the edge if a table or cut with a butter knife, I'm adding some screen shots with you guys because I came accords this thread googling info about it, I can't sell it like this, apple should have something to do with this, it's not a user end problem but a manufactures one, it's not like it was gold plated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 241

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Wow it looks really bad. Your phone has been in the case all this while? What case is it and do you have the habit to remove it to clean the phone every now and then?

Seems like some cases are actually doing more harm than good...

Mamamia

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2015
I was
Wow it looks really bad. Your phone has been in the case all this while? What case is it and do you have the habit to remove it to clean the phone every now and then?

Seems like some cases are actually doing more harm than good...
Wondering if anyone thought that too, it looks like some bacteria type of thing doesn't it?, like from humidity

I just put an advert to sell the phone in germany and several people offered much less because of this even with the remaining 6 months warranty

Mamamia

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2015
A picture of the back of his phone with a brown stained tissue would not convince me. Useless.
getting desperate to debate the cheapness of this product now are yah, focus on the phone, the tissue is stained with some chocolate milk the kids spilled, really, nothing to do with where the iPhone has been.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
getting desperate to debate the cheapness of this product now are yah, focus on the phone, the tissue is stained with some chocolate milk the kids spilled, really, nothing to do with where the iPhone has been.

English must not be native to you as I was making fun of the whole thing. People were calling for pictures and I am pointing out that images would be useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.