Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
I tried option+command+click photos app to repair, but still no luck.

Any idea? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 12.48.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 12.48.20 AM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 122

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I tried option+command+click photos app to repair, but still no luck.

Any idea? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

This is exactly what I see after restoring computer from a Time Machine backup. As you say, repair doesn't seem to regenerate thumbnail, or provide an option to repair thumbnails.

If you edit a photo, make a change and save it, its thumbnail will appear. Not much of a solution, though.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
This is exactly what I see after restoring computer from a Time Machine backup. As you say, repair doesn't seem to regenerate thumbnail, or provide an option to repair thumbnails.

If you edit a photo, make a change and save it, its thumbnail will appear. Not much of a solution, though.

I was able to select all pics and rotate clockwise, have it churn thru that process and then rotate counter-clockwise to return all the pics to normal. That got all the thumbnails back for pictures. No luck on the video so far except the export and import method. Though the import/export method doesn't work for slow-mo/time-lapse videos as it loses that feature.

Last edited:

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just curious if anyone figured out how to get the thumbnails for the videos. Exporting/Importing is a very slow and tedious process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.