Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
Greetings!

In your opinion what would you do? I have an iPhone 6 Plus, through sprint on the 24 month lease program. I really dislike having a case on my iPhone, but I am required to return the phone in good working condition.

I'm not sure what the specifics of that is, but considering this..... would you use the sprint total equipment protection program for $13 a month and a 199 deductible?

Thank you in advance for your input.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
I guess the second part of that question is, has anyone received a replacement from TEP? Any issues with the replacement iPhone in terms of quality?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
We pay TEP on our iPhone 5s (plural). As AC+ is gone on my iPhone 5 this is the only insurance I have.

My advice would be to get it…if you don't get AC+. If you have AC+ as an option go that route. Much cheaper.

As far as replacements, the way Sprint works with TEP is like this.

Your device is on a certain list which means a certain deductible. As the phone ages the deductible for that list decreases.

TEP is actually administered by Asurion and although they will adamantly deny it (there is at least one Asurion employee on MR and sprintusers.com) they do any repairs with non-Apple parts. This can cause an issue if you ever need Apple to replace anything.

That said, Asurion only keeps a certain amount of stock on hand. Apple will always replace your phone with the exact same model you come in with. But Asurion has been known to replace phones with newer models when their stock has run out.

My wife got her HTC Touch Pro replaced with an HTC Touch Pro 2 because of that.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
We pay TEP on our iPhone 5s (plural). As AC+ is gone on my iPhone 5 this is the only insurance I have.

My advice would be to get it…if you don't get AC+. If you have AC+ as an option go that route. Much cheaper.

As far as replacements, the way Sprint works with TEP is like this.

Your device is on a certain list which means a certain deductible. As the phone ages the deductible for that list decreases.

TEP is actually administered by Asurion and although they will adamantly deny it (there is at least one Asurion employee on MR and sprintusers.com) they do any repairs with non-Apple parts. This can cause an issue if you ever need Apple to replace anything.

That said, Asurion only keeps a certain amount of stock on hand. Apple will always replace your phone with the exact same model you come in with. But Asurion has been known to replace phones with newer models when their stock has run out.

My wife got her HTC Touch Pro replaced with an HTC Touch Pro 2 because of that.

Thanks, I was thinking about this as well since that does cover lost and theft, and since the lease program requires you to return the phone in good working condition, it could get a little pricey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.