Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cactus3

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
I've done my homework on this, and found that it's a common problem, but haven't found any info on if it's actually a recall.

Yesterday, I noticed this bright white spot that has a trail on the left hand side of my Late-2013 retina Macbook Pro. After Googling around, I learned that it's called a mura. I wasn't really able to find how Apple handles this situation, but a few people said they were able to get their screen fixed (I don't know if they had AppleCare or not).

Though, I later read that these screen replacements typically have more problems than the screen with the mura. That they have an uneven, patchy, yellow tint (or you get lucky and it's even throughout but still disgusting looking). I don't want a screen that has more problems, I don't want this mura.

So I guess, tl;dr - is Apple going to give me resistance? It's a known fact that this is a common problem, and I sure didn't do anything to cause this. Is there anyone on here that has had experience with this before? If so, what did Apple do? Is it considered a recall?

P/S: I've currently been in a live chat support queue for 40 minutes, and gotten nothing - not even an estimated wait time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.