Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I have an older version of Facebook installed so I can use Facebooks old style built in messenger. I got this using FBDowngradeEnabler.

I'm talking about the ads at the bottom of the screen. I downloaded Adblock and it's not working.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Do you have Facebook++ installed at all?

There is no ads across the bottom of FB. I had them too and assumed it was because I'd updated the app. It was actually Facebook++.

Uninstall all tweaks associated with FB first and see if that gets rid.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Do you have Facebook++ installed at all?

There is no ads across the bottom of FB. I had them too and assumed it was because I'd updated the app. It was actually Facebook++.

Uninstall all tweaks associated with FB first and see if that gets rid.

Yeah it was Facebook++, but I need it to get the old style in-app messenger back.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
If all you need is old style in-app Messenger, FBNoNeedMessenger is on the Big Boss repo, and is ad free. If you're using Facebook++ for more than that, the paid version is ad free.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
If all you need is old style in-app Messenger, FBNoNeedMessenger is on the Big Boss repo, and is ad free. If you're using Facebook++ for more than that, the paid version is ad free.

FBNoNeedMessenger doesn't work for the latest version of Facebook.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Yeah it was Facebook++, but I need it to get the old style in-app messenger back.

Theres no way of doing that with the latest version of FB.

But if you have a version that's running it, don't update just uninstall FaceBook++ and install FBNoNeedMessenger.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Theres no way of doing that with the latest version of FB.

But if you have a version that's running it, don't update just uninstall FaceBook++ and install FBNoNeedMessenger.

You're sayin there's no way to get the old in-app messenger back in the latest version of fbook?

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
You're sayin there's no way to get the old in-app messenger back in the latest version of fbook?

correct.

to get messenger you have to do the following which I did

Add this repo, http://beta.unlimapps.com
install facebook++ and it will downgrade for you

the ads were too annoying so I bought the ad free version of facebook++

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
correct.

to get messenger you have to do the following which I did

Add this repo, http://beta.unlimapps.com
install facebook++ and it will downgrade for you

the ads were too annoying so I bought the ad free version of facebook++

Yeah I did that too, I want an older version of Facebook though is that possible?

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
You won't regret getting this. Works great and developer updates very regularly. He also has ++ apps for instagram, viber, and whatsapp. Well worth the 2 bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.