Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GmDude66

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
PA, USA
Hello all, randomly my phone will just start "tapping" on random areas on the screen by itself. If I hit the home button, it will start launching apps. The only resolve is to force power it off and then back on. This makes it work for a little, but eventually later in the day it will come back. I have tried a reset and restore.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

EDIT: Here's a video of what it does. All of that text above, it did itself...
https://vid.me/5ljz

Last edited:

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Some have said it was a chip on the logic board. Mine is intermittent. Can go on for hours then work again. So frustrating. Called Apple and will issue my 4th replacement.

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
It doesn't sound like it, but do you have a screen protector? I had a similar issue with a glass protector before.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and my touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive. The hard buttons still work but nothing else. A simple lock and unlock get the touch screen working again. Very frustrating.

chinofx

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and my touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive. The hard buttons still work but nothing else. A simple lock and unlock get the touch screen working again. Very frustrating.

Same thing happening to me. Even tried a restore but still happening. Seems to betting more frequent too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.